A post by Torey

a board to discuss any form of divination

A post by Torey

Postby Elia » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:28 am

This post was written by Torey ~ something id never heard of.

An interesting thing that I discovered a long time ago is that melted wax can come in quite handy for a number of things…but most notably…it, in and of itself, can become a means for divination.

At one time, out of boredom, I had decided to pour off some excess melted wax from a small votive into a bowl of water to watch it congeal. I was amazed at the ensuing shapes which formed upon the water’s surface…resembling the famous “Willendorf” goddess sculpture of the ancient world.

Unsure if this was a ‘new’ concept or not…I found, in my reading, that this was actually a known and established form of divination called “ceroscopy”.

By pouring melted wax into a container filled with cool water, the result is a swirling “puddled” formation of wax which can resemble animals, symbols, faces or just about anything else. It is up to the interpreter to decide what is being depicted in the wax.

So it may be of interest to anyone looking for uses for small amounts of excess melted wax to use the method of ceroscopy and possibly have some amazing results. It was of surprising interest to me! I hope it is to others, as well.
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: A post by Torey

Postby SilverMoonTiger » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I have heard of this but never got around to trying it. Really must cos it looks like fun.
SilverMoonTiger
Site Admin

Return to Divination