My first Cousin

Need prayers, add them here

My first Cousin

Postby Elia » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:21 pm

My first cousin has had a stroke, and is on a ventilator, it doesn't look good.

If I'm gone for a bit ill be up there in Cincinnati, Mom has said she may want to go.

He was put on blood thinners because of a heart problem, but stopped taking them, he never smoked, didn't like pills, or drink, road a bike 30 miles a day, he was 79 and looked 30 (his body).
Kinda makes me wonder why we even try, if this can happen to a Man as fit as he was I haven't got a chance.

Please send Prayers, he has a Wife, two kids, and one Grandson. (don't know if you remember from the old forum, but it was at his house I met George Clooney's nephew, he was best friends with Kens Grandson, (lived next door) and they had brought him to the family reunion that year.

Prayers, prayers
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: My first Cousin

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Sorry to hear that, Elia. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. You never know when your time is up. Blessings.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:17 pm

adding him to my prayer/candle list! You be careful! (((hugs))) to you and your mom~
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:43 pm

We went to see him yesterday, he can squeeze your hand when you talk to him, move his foot, and eyebrows, he is breathing on his own, so he is still in there. His Wife is moving him to a long term stroke rehab unit. If anyone can make a come back its him.

He had just gotten home from his bike ride (30 miles) and she had come home to find him slumped on the couch, and unresponsive.

It is a bad stroke, but people have recovered from strokes, so I'm thinking positively, he's my favorite cousin.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

Keep the good thought, people do recover after a stroke. The stroke rehab unit will be a good place to be for him. It is amazing how much recovery there will be with good rehab. My Dad had a few strokes and one bad one near the end. He did have to move into an assisted living home after he could'nt stay by himself in his apartment.
It sounds like your cousin was in good shape if he was doing a 30 mile bike ride. You just never know what can happen. I hope he gets better. Fingers crossed!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:48 pm

He did that bike ride everyday, when his Mom was living in London he would ride from Florence Ky (on the old road) down to his Mom's spend the day and go back home. He has the body of a 30 year old that body builds, he's like a rock!! So if any one can do it he can!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:22 am

I'm rooting for him!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Im so sorry I have been gone, we have had a lot of company, coming to see Mom and then on to see Ken.

They have moved him to a regular room, and hospice is taking care of him, there is no chance for recovery. My heart is breaking for him and all his family, he was my favorite cousin, such a good guy, and so loved.

I may not be back for a bit, but if he passes ill let you all know, thank you all so much for the prayers.
Elia

Postby Elia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:54 pm

His vitals are dropping and his Wife said it could be tonight or tomorrow, but who knows about these things. Some of my other cousins left this morning, so I'm trying to get my house clean today, I know we will be over run with family soon.

I love you guys, and ill be back.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear that he is failing, time to say Goodbye. Hubby's Auntie passed away yesterday, I don't know when the funeral is taking place. She had a full life, so it is not as sad as when a young person passes. still, Weddings and Funerals are things that bring the families and relatives together. I will say a little prayer for your cousin.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 am

I sorry for your loss Hun.

Ken passed today about 12:30 pm almost to the min. of the stroke one week later.

Ill have a lot of family and the funeral, ill be back when I can.

I love you all and thank you for the prayers.
Elia

Return to Prayer Circle