[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Ostara

Ostara

A place to talk about our celebrations, ask questions, or give suggestions.

Ostara

Postby Elia » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 pm

OSTARA
Usually on or around March 20th
This is when the Sun crosses the equator, heading North. There is a perfect balance of Day and Night. Twelve hours of each.

Also the first day of Spring. From here the daylight will slowly become longer.
This is the second solar festival, the Maiden Goddess awakens from her long sleep.

The reign of Pisces & Aries ~ Death and Rebirth

We focus on the return of Persephone from the underground, where she spends six months of the year.
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: Ostara

Postby Elia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:19 am

Get ready, Ostara is around the corner.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:29 pm

How do you plan to celebrate Ostara? What have you done in the past?

I have never celebrated it any other way than Easter... the whole 9 yards.. candy, fancy Sunday dress up/church, baskets with the colorful straw, dying and hiding eggs, and big Sunday brunch with the grandparents.

Fun, but looking back what a PIA....... :lol: at least the kids will have embarrassing pics and hopefully good memories...
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Ostara is a good time to begin new ventures and projects. But of course, It is perfectly acceptable to eat chocolate eggs, pet bunny rabbits, and dress up in a frilly dress. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:06 pm

I am feeling like I need to re-dedicate myself, start with a fresh slate, work on my inner self, maybe turn my art into an online store business, work on being more positive and true to me. I believe my Ostara this year will focus on new beginnings starting with my dedication to my craft. (not that I don't eat, sleep and breath it already) I just want to dig deeper, get to my core.

And of course buy Mom a bunny, and chocolate, so I can eat it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The solar eclipse, my goodness, it would be a good time to do some dedications to the Gods, prayers, and being thankful, for all that is given. The good, the bad, and the ugly. We need it all
Elia

Postby Elia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks Elia V, and a Blessed Ostara to you. Rededication sound like a good idea. We change over the years and it is good to restate your new goals. Good luck with your ceremony.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:38 pm

My back was out, so I actually got lazy. Bummer, maybe for full moon this month.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:37 pm

It is going to be a Supermoon with a partial eclipse!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Elia

Return to Pagan Holidays