[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Mabon

Mabon

A place to talk about our celebrations, ask questions, or give suggestions.

Mabon

Postby Elia » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Mabon
The Autumn equinox, this year falls on September 23rd

The autumn equinox is closely associated with the Goddess Demeter, who roams the Earth morning the loss of her Daughter Persephone.

This is also the best time to see the Summer Triangle. These three stars are so bright they can be visible even in the city. Their names are, Vega, Deneb, and Altair.
While I was watching the meteor showers I saw these three bright stars and wondered what they were, now I know “The Summer Triangle”
This had covered all the pagan holidays, hope you enjoyed.
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: Mabon

Postby Elia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 pm

This year it's on the 22nd

Is anyone doing anything special this year??
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Tomorrow!!! I have made Butternut Squash Soup, and I'm making a spice cake. It is Hubbies Birthday on Sunday, so it will be a weekend of feasting and drinking! He likes Cheesecake! So, I'll get him one of those too.
I have to tidy up the altar, new candles etc. I will do my intentions for the New Moon as well.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Wishing all a Blessed Mabon! I bought some black and white candles yesterday. I'm using the Black one to release bad habits, feelings etc. and the white one to create abundance and happiness. I have decorated with new candles, acorns and nuts, looking full on awesome.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:08 pm

That sounds wonderful, I miss my Altar, it's in Randy's room covered (with stuff on it) :( I don't have room in my bedroom, but I can set one up for an evening, I do miss my basement room.
I do hope you all had a blessed Mabon!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:58 pm

I think my workings went well, the altar looked like a blazing inferno with all the candles going. I managed to do my rituals alone, it is always better that way. No questions asked.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm

I do too, I can concentrate better, I can set up in here, but it's not like my Basement room, I do miss that.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does he shake his head, and mutter your a crazy woman :lol:

8-) little do they know :twisted:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Crazy like a fox.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Re: Imbolc

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Feb. 2nd is Imbolc, I have had a busy time of it at the Full Super Moon etc. I haven't even thought about what to do in the way of celebrating of this Sabbat. Also Groundhog day which I don't like because, I don't think anyone should be waking up a sleepy Ground Hog. I am never suprised when they get bitten. :twisted:
I may just light a pale yellow candle to celebrate pre-spring, it is way too early for us here to see snowdrops but we can do spell work for purity, growth and renewal. New beginnings, household cleansing rituals, Good luck spells, re-consecration of tools and weather divination.
Maybe I' will buy some fresh flowers for my altar. Have a Blessed Imbolc.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:52 pm

I thought Imbolc was Feb 1st. cuz it's my Mom's birthday, and I'm Aug 1st which is Lummas
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Witches Calendar says the 2nd Feb. If you did it early, I don't think it will matter much. It is the effort that counts.
Cloudy here, no ground hogs around, I say No More Winter!!!!!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Well it seen it's shadow here so we have 6 more weeks of 50 to 60 degrees :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:14 pm

I could live with that! When I did my workings, I asked for only snow on the tops of the mountains and not at my house. Cloudy and misty today.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 pm

It's so nice today, but rain is on the way, but I'm cool with the rain it washes away all the dirt on the roads.
I like sitting outside watching it rain, and feeling like it's washing away all my negative energy, so soothing to the soul.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:00 am

Blue Skies and Sun today, but freezing! We found some driftwood at the Lake and a nice car ride to another town called Kaslo, BC. We had lunch out in Kaslo and saw two huge Ravens.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Ravens, how cool, down here we have "road kill Vultures" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be nice, I'm coming to live There.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:22 pm

Do you mean Crows? They are always on the scrounge, The eagles are always found at road kills too.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to Pagan Holidays