Lucid dreaming

Need help, want to share experiences, ask a question, or share your tips.

Lucid dreaming

Postby patrah » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Lucid dreaming sounds like a great experience...
I read an article on it which was very helpful to understand....
I have a book on it....
Someplace and for now reading a complete book seems tedious....
I have got a mandala adult coloring book though....
Been wanting one...
Got it for a gift....
Got markers too....
Eager to move along with it....
Wondering if the coloring of those designs will somehow assist with beginning to meditate again....
Used to have great "minds eye" vision skills....
While I can still imagine very well, the actual "sight" which I did have is diminished considerably....
This seems to be a cycle because, the minds eye vision would augment meditation....
Respectively though, it would appear that meditation would exercise that vision ability again to restore what is left of it....
Ideas?
patrah
Dark Beauty

Re: Lucid dreaming

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Lucid Dreaming is helpful when you are being chased by Zombies. When you realise you are dreaming, you can bend the dream to come out the way you want it to..
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby patrah » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 am

Aaaaaahhhhhhhahahahahaha!
The way this life is behaving in front of me, I would be running toward the zombies for solace......
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhahahahahahahaha......
Eeeeeeehehehehehehehehe.....
Lilolololol.........
And I will remember to keep me broom near me in case I have got to take off in a hurry......
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Good Plan, I don't think Zombies can fly.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 am

I had a vivid dream last night, (may have come because of spell work Mmmmmm) any way me and the X was driving down a curvy road and he just misses the curve, so here we go flying through the air, I'm looking at him and seeing trees flying past his window, and all I can say is "you didn't see that curve?? Do you know what's going to happen now?? What the hell were you thinking" then the truck comes to a nice rolling stop right in front of a building, lots of graffiti on the front, we go inside and its an old folks home with people inside, only no lights and I'm like "what's with no lights people" and that's all I remember. He never said a word in the whole dream.
Weird!!
Elia

Postby patrah » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Wow, that was exciting?
The flying part, albeit sounds a little frightening....
I suppose you thought you knew what would happen.....
Happened differently?
He landed you a
Safe.....
Well I'm wondering if you will be getting a message from some old folks soon....
I'd be listening to my mom for the moment, as she seems the "older person in charge" right now....
I don't know if I would put a lot into her "kydney probe" though, unless you think she may be correct....
You know as a daughter and as a mother, moms tend to go all the way to left field where their children are concerned....
You have added professional expertise though where health is concerned.....
You may want to balance it all out for healthy self....
The old folks home with graffiti on the building may have contained a message...
Oh why am I getting all up into your dream, like I'm the dream weaver or something....
Sounds like an adventurous dream though.....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:21 pm

I think the reason we landed at a safe roll, is because he's a truck driver, and can put a big rig anywhere he wants it, he can even parallel park one. So as far as my confidence in his ability to drive (ingrained in my subconscious) is probably why we did not crash. Not bragging but he is a good big rig driver

I went to Colorado with him once, and it opened my eyes big time to the world of trucking. Id say like "what the hell are they doing" he would just shake his head and say cars don't know how to drive around a big truck. You know the new drivers, watching them try to back a truck up in a spot at a truck stop :lol: there was one that I got to feeling sorry for and told the old man go park his truck for him, that man laughed at me for 30 minuets, and said he'll learn, eventually after 50 try's he got it parked, then got out to go in the truck stop, so the old man says "the walk of shame" and laughed at me again. He backed that rig up in my driveway once with the neighbors cars and truck parked next door, (that was impressive since our street is not that wide, and there is a telephone pole right across the street).
Do you know on the freeway it takes a truck a mile to stop?? So when cars would pass him they would just cut in and slow up, he has to start gearing down just so he don't hit them. At a slow pace they can stop, but not on a dime. After riding with him for a week I had total respect for the big trucks on the road, give them plenty of room, don't stay behind them, or at their side, if your going to pass get it done. Once there was a car that was trying to pass and was just staying right at his side, along comes a truck that needed to move over (because of a car) and had no where to go, boy he was cussing on that guy, he just geared down and let the truck over, and that could have been a bad accident. Not saying big rigs are never to blame, not all of them drive like him, but most wrecks are caused by the car. I think they should have their own highway system.
Another thing you may not know, is a lot of the trucking company's can set a limit as to how fast they can drive and there is one company that has their trucks at 55 mph, and cars just think they need to speed up when they cant, the owner operators can drive at what ever speed they want, so if they are moving on that's why. Well that's the world of the trucker.

I hope I have not board you to death :D Image
Elia

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Sounds like you are still very impressed with your ex, regarding his trucking skills....
I had not looked at that partt of your dream so closely...
And it is very important, because it is where security, had it been a real living situation, would of been of concern......
And if it were, you were riding with the right person to assure it....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Sat May 14, 2016 5:40 pm

He's a badass for sure, I always felt safe with him, he's not one you would want to mouth off to, he would just clock you before you knew it was coming and he's a big (not fat) guy. I was always impressed with him, he's just not mine anymore and that's fine by me.
Elia

Postby Elia » Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Last nights dream was about a house fire, it was the house my Grandma lived in when we were kids, but it had all my stuff in it, I was trying to find the things I could not loose, my Dad was there helping, seems I was looking for things but could not find anything I needed, the firemen were coming and going and I kept going in to find more, then thought of all my books, but since it was Grandmothers house I did not know were id put them, it was so weird. Their was no smoke just flames, and I thought of my basement room, which was already engulfed in fire. I could look down through holes in the floor, just weird!!!
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue May 17, 2016 12:58 pm

I for once cant remember this dream but hubby said I was fighting! jumping kicking thrashing around and snoring LOUDLY and nothing he did for almost a hour would wake me! Until I started taking the MS med Tecfidera I would dream 2 or 3 very lucid dreams a night minimum but now I might get 2 or 3 a WEEK but nothing like what he said I did this time.

He thought I was in the middle of a seizure at first! I wonder if there is a way I can find out what this dream was? curious mind wants to know but the remembers the ole saying curiosity killed the kitty!
Just on the off chance any ideas how to retrieve it? hmmm grabbing pendulum and deck of cards.....
:mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Return to Meditation