[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Making a Smudge Fan

Making a Smudge Fan

Questions, or comments on your BOS

Making a Smudge Fan

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 pm

I went for a walk in the Park this morning, for a change and I found lots of nice Canada Goose feathers. So many in fact that I decided to make a feather smudge fan.
I did a quick look on pinterest and found a method that seems to be working well.
I did a quick layout on my desk, sorting the feathers into left and right and then using a piece of modeling clay, I stuck my feathers in it in a fan shape. Largest feathers in the back and smaller in the front, I then hot glued all of them together. :shock: :o Hot! :roll:
After the fan had dried for a bit, I went back in and added a few fluffy black and white feathers and a few peacock feathers, only the side skinny feathers, not the eyes. I ran out of hot glue :cry: so I used other stuff for gluing jewels. It should work, I hope. I'm waiting for the glue to dry completely before I take the fan out of the clay.
For a handle, I am using one of the wands that I made a while ago. It turned out to be too slender for my liking but it is made and decorated and I do not want to see it go to waste. The wand will give the fan an extra Air Element and it will be a little more magickal. I still have to add some charms, beads maybe. I will be binding it all together with leather thongs,
I still have to scavenge a few more things, I hope it turns out. It would be a shame if it exploded while I was smudging.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: Making a Smudge Fan

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:44 pm

I finished off the Smudge fan today. I cut oval shapes out of calf skin with the hair still on and hot glued one on the back of the fan, covering the base of the feathers and stabilizing the wand and the feathers together.
The bigger oval went on the front of the Fan, again covering the base of the feathers and wrapping around the base of the wand. I had a turquoise colored swede tassel with a silver top and I lied it on with a swede thong. It has a simple and rustic look. It turned out pretty good.
:oops: If I do say so myself :oops:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 am

That's a fantastic idea, gosh I wish you could post a picture of that!!

I have to remember my smudge stick tomorrow, my Sister wants me to smudge her apartment.
Maybe if I'm real good and you find more feathers you could make me one, and of course id love you forever :D

:shock: really I would!!! Well I would anyway!!

Or just send me some feathers and a picture and id try myself :?
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:22 pm

I guess I hit it lucky the other day with the feathers, Rain yesterday so I did not go to the park. The trick is to find nice big feathers, I used about 12 big feathers and 6 smaller ones. I'll keep an eye open for more. I'm in competition with the kids to find them.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Oh it sounds gorgeous! It sounds like it will have a huge amount of magic in it~
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:53 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:58 pm

I might try tomorrow, it has been raining here a lot. If it is dry tomorrow I will walk in the park. There might be more feathers if we are lucky but seems to me they all molt at the same time. I wish I could find a bald eagle feather, we have those here too. That would be very lucky! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:16 pm

And illegal to own, at least here in the US, if they catch you with one I (think) its a federal offence, but I never understood why picking up a feather would be a crime. (might need to google that again) but yea that would be cool!!!!
I have a owl feather SFL sent me, it's from her MIL's she made Doug pull it out of a stuffed owl, and she framed it for me, I cherish it.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:43 am

I think if you have the feather, the gov. figures you killed the bird. I have an Owl feather too. Framing it would be a cool idea.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

I like peacock feathers too. Well any feathers are cool!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:17 pm

I would love one of those sexy ostrich feather fans. I agree, any feathers are nice.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:32 pm

IMGP0275.JPG
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Start a photobucket account, put all your pictures in there (from your computer) then use the IMG code to copy them here. Once you get the hang of it you will see its so easy.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 pm

I have one, the problem is that the photo file is to large. and the is no way to make it smaller. and I don't understand it at all. Damm
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Just download to the photo bucket account, you can resize them there, is it an old account, becaue its been updated and maybe you need the updated one.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 am

I'n doing something wrong, that's for sure. I did'nt see anything to resize. I must be missing a step. one of these days I'll get it.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm going to have to come up there aren't I :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 pm

I'm afraid you might have to. :lol: :lol: :lol: Daughter in law is coming , she might know.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to Book of Shadows