[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Wand Help

Wand Help

Questions, or comments on your BOS

Re: Wand Help

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:29 pm

That's interesting, I should write that info down, we don't get that kind of wood here in Canada.
When I do my Rowan wands, I'm going to save some staves for carveing runes. Ash would be really good for rune staves. By the way, Rowan's other name is Mountain Ash.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:16 pm

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing with a lot of that HUGE ash tree that's down now! I just went out and trimmed all the little side branch's and twiggy side shoots off the 2 big branches, I cut them off kinda long cause I wasn't for sure what length most wands are made to, average wise?

I left the pine branch longer than the cedar but they are both longer than my forearm sooo about from middle fingertip to elbow is 15" the cedar is at least 18"+ the pine is 25" or more.... hmmmm still have way more to do on the de barking but will have to wait till cooler morning time tomorrow... I really, really want fall to GET HERE! :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:02 pm

If there is a branch as tall as you, you could make a staff.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:57 pm

The ash might would have branch's that tall if I cut it right... the problem is getting into hubbies van to get to his saws. He doesn't trust me with anything sharp even his hand saws... :oops: :roll: snickers I have to admit I am a pretty big clutz... :lol:

I do have at least 3 oak tree's on the ground that would have many branches long enough hmmm I might have to try and get him to cut them for me saying I want to try my hand at making my another cane.... ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Well, this weekend while hubby was on roof patching it preparing for next storms (got leaks ohhh do we have leaks) I used his loppers? to start cleaning the bark of the cedar wand... going to work on them both tomorrow morning if its cool enough.... (also going to go thru feed sack full of oak branch's to "feel" them out) ;)

once I get the bark off of them is it better to let them dry before sanding them or does it even matter? just curious.....
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:44 am

Well, I don't bother with sanding, the wood is pretty smooth by its self once you get the bark off. I just use an exacto knife to whittle the ends into a rounded end, although if you let them dry you may have to sand them.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:35 am

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Mimosa, half Champagne and half orange juice, easy. Delicious!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Previous

Return to Book of Shadows