[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Wand Help

Wand Help

Questions, or comments on your BOS

Wand Help

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:16 pm

I have a small grove of Rowan trees growing in a wheel barrow. Birds dropped the berries in there about seven or so years ago and now they are too big to leave in the barrow. I am thinking about making wands from them. I could get three or four nice size wands, but not from branches it would be from the trunks.
The trees have got to go anyway but the question is...Is it ethical to kill a tree to make a wand?
The trees know me after all, so maybe it would be a good way for them to stay with me.
Please help me make up my mind :?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: Wand Help

Postby Elia » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:00 pm

I think if you do a ceremony thanking the trees for providing you with wand material, that will be a preservation of them and an honor, I believe you would have some powerful, meaningful wands.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:51 pm

I was going to do a ceremony for the cutting and thanking, but somewhere I read that you should'nt use a young tree. I can't find that info again, but as these trees have basicly been farmed I think I will make wands on Wednesday on the Waning Moon. Two days from now. ;) It has been really hot this summer and while I have been watering diligently the leaves are starting to turn color. I have felt the turning of the wheel and feel now is a good time to do it.
Originaly, when I noticed the tiny trees, I thought doing Bonsi Trees with them. That idea was not followed through with. :? I have known them all their life . I have played with them, petted them, I built a little stone circle with in them. A Dragon lives there now. Time for new plans. Thanks for helping me make up my mind Elia V. Blessings. :D
I do believe they will make powerful wands.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 am

I made a mistake, I have to harvest wand wood during the Waxing phase of the Moon on Wesnesday not the waning phase.
The Book of Ouroboros says "Harvest on the first Wed. of the New Moon" That would be the 7th of September. so, that is when I will do it.
I have made a note in my Witches diary.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:28 am

Well my dear, the book of ouroboros will guide you correctly .....
Or so I believe....
Lol...
BB
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:57 pm

You bet ya! If I don't write it down, I don't remember. My mind is rather sieve like these days. The book of Ouroboros is coming along very nicely, I'm working on it quite a lot these days. I would like to hand it down to my Grandaughter when I pass on.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm

That would be nice, I'm sure she would cherish it.

The trees were meant to be wands, even if you had not originally planted fro that, what a blessing, for the trees and yourself.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm

I know years ago we had big huge oak trees that were over 100 yrs old that hubby was going to take out and I asked a elder witch? from one of my long defunct sites who said that if you go up and ask the tree dryad or ? (nymph? spirit?) you can then take it to any other tree even if different species for it stay in...

I had the most gorgeous magic circle of trees... a perfect circle of oaks, ash, ohh what is name of that other one? Its wood that is very much sought after for wood working.. it makes the big green thingies.. doesn't rot etc.. I will have to ask hubby tonight... but he had to take parts of my circle away... :( ... you might could try that if it feels like the thing to do to you? I have one ash tree storms have taken down that I'm thinking of trying to get a good piece to make me a wand... that's one thing I don't have! :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:36 pm

:shock: You don't have a wand, oh my!!! Get on that Missy.

I want to use this white wood branch that SFL sent me, and hand carve and decorate it, make it really beautiful, I just need my shoulder to cooperate, and I can get back to some projects.

Something like these
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm

ohhh look at those! I'm drooling here! What type of metal wire do you use? What type is allowed or just better to use? I really, really love those.... hmmm going digging thru my varied containers with crystals and such.... I wonder if a soldiering iron can work as a wood burner tool? :? off to one of hubbies tool box's...
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Sterling silver is best, but these are copper

They are so cool, (I didn't make them) its a picture I found so id have something to go by when I did make mine.

I cant type today Grrrrrrrrrrrr keep hitting the wrong keys!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Silver or copper is OK, they are conductive metals and they hold on your dangley bits. :o My wands are plain in compareson. I like to carve into the bark before it dries out too much. If you score rings around the wand then you can peal out alternate rings of bark to the white , you can make a nice bark handle that way. I have found if I leave the wood to dry too long it is harder to carve and shape. Seeing, I am of limited power tool ability. :lol:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Power tool, Girl use a knife!!!

Power tool, you sound like my X Image "here Honey let me fix that" :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Image That gave me another giggle.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Ok, I think this weekend is going to be perfect to gather the wood to make a wand but I do have yet another question:(when don't I?) :lol: I have oak, osage orange, pecan, pine, ash, willow, cedar and (I think?) black walnut, and there is also a couple of rings of tree's that I call my fairy ring tree's
(I don't know WHAT they are) should I do small wands out of each of these? Or does any of these sound better for wand work than the other? I need to check on what all else is out there I know there is more but Im not the best at I.D.ing any of them. :? :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 pm

I think id go with the ash, but again id have to research to know for sure, seems ash was on the top of the list.

I might have read that in Buckland's

Mmmmmmmmm
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:25 pm

drops head on table top... ok, I'm definitely at least making at least 3!
the Pine, Ash and Willow... and will more than likely make a oak one just cause they are so prevalent already on the ground drying! All probably would make just fine overall wands but each one seems to have areas that they specialize in so... like you said no rules limiting how MANY one can have...;) I have got to get some sort of CAMERA! :( :lol: :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:07 pm

When you cut the wood, put a label on the stick with the type of tree on it. It is easy to get them mixed up when you can't see the leaves. I usually write the tree name and the magickal properties on the label. Just a tip. I forget things :oops:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:00 pm

:shock: who knew

I'm kidding, defo make one of each, you should have everything covered that way.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Well, I have a oak branch, and hubby brought me a pine and a cedar.. when he came back from MIL old place. I wanted to make pine & cedar oil so now just need to trim them down (do you de bark then while still green or wait for them to dry?) also your tip of tagging them? AWESOME tip! The bark on them? There is very little difference!

anyway I now have 4 big bottle of oils going 2 of each. Now just need to get down to the creek to get to the willow and then by the cattle pen where the ash is down at... hmm I wonder what Mimosa wood would be like? there is this tree..... :lol: ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:30 pm

De bark while they are still green. It is easier to do then. I have heard that the bark is very conductive of energy, I like to leave the handle with the bark on. If you are good with a knife you can leave decorative rings with the bark on, it looks nice. I don't have a correspondance for Mimosa, Only a drink recipe.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:56 pm

hahahhahaa ;) the one with Champaign? I cant even do the wine coolers anymore with all the meds Im on... *pouts* that's probably a good thing Im a bad, bad mean witch when I have alcohol! :twisted: :lol: off to try tyo start some de-barking... (the bark bites!) where are my gloves...LOL
P.S. Just found info on the "Osage Orange" wood:

Osage Orange Wood

Masculine energy. Associated with the elements of Spirit, Earth, and Fire. Named after the Osage tribe of the Great Plains region.

Magical properties: This wood is famous for its ability to repel household pests and resist rot. Recommended to use this wand in magicks dealing with astral healing, spirit guides, and animal guides. This wood aides in the pursuit of goals and passions.
(I think there will be a small one of this wood as well!) ;) :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Next

Return to Book of Shadows