[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Where do you start with your BOS

Where do you start with your BOS

Questions, or comments on your BOS

Re: Where do you start with your BOS

Postby Elia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:27 pm

I would love to see what you have done so far, ill bet it's beautiful. So what did you decide?? The Star Goddess, or trees??

I saw Crowley featured on a paranormal show the other night, his face popped up and I went that's Alistair Crowley, just at the instant they said his name, you cant forget his face. On some of the shows they will recommend a Witch to cleanse, then on the next Witchcraft is the whole reason behind everything :o

So last night Rosie started barking at nothing, she barked and growled for at least thirty minutes, my Grandson was laughing at her, but she was shaking, so something was bothering her, she saw something!!!
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 pm

I did a piece on the Star Goddess. I have just finished a story about Ravens, they are really interesting and feature in a lot of Mythology. When Raven appears, magick is immanent. When I saw my Raven I noticed that it's mate was raising it's eyebrows to me. I was looking at the internet to see why and it appears to be a show of Dominance, but also of courtship. I may have been challanged by the female because I was taking interest in her mate. He was a beauty. I'm not sure, but I have never seen a bird do that before.
A lot of paranormal shows blame teenagers for opening portals with seances etc. or someone in the house is a sensitive and is inviting them in. Or even Ghost hunters are to blame for increased activity. It is hard to really know what is true and what is made up. Maybe Rosie is a ghost hunter! I wonder what it was, that she was upset about. Was she looking in a specific spot? Odd.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30 pm

She was looking to the right of me, but know one was there, she was fixed on something, I actually turned off all the lights, and she calmed down. She hasn't done it since, animals are very sensitive to the paranormal, so something was showing its self, (the one I keep in the basement maybe) who knows. Bella pays no mind to anything like that, but she is a Witches cat!! for sure.
I don't think she gives a flying ....... :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

A flying monkey?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 pm

well not exactly, I was going to say fart. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 am

phew!!!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 pm

Always your humble servant :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D anything to give a smile :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:30 pm

I bought some new stickers for my BOS, but I hav'ent written anything more in it lately. I did write out the eye sight spell on nice paper, which i will eventually put in my BOS in the Spell Section, that is not actually there yet, I'm not sure of where that section will go yet. I want to put the How to's first and have the spell section after. Probably mid-way through the book.
I always write out the Spells, that way I remember them better, I also date them and note the Moon Phase, and all the crystals, insense, oils etc. that go with the spell. That way, I can take just the spell to the Altar, without having to rummage through my BOS to find the section.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:56 pm

That is a awesome idea! I write them but just on whatever scrap of paper I can grab quickly. Envelopes from when the bills come in, napkins etc then they get lost! I need you organizational skills.....I have years of notes throughout the place..... :o

Just like making a new recipe.. like cooking! :D
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:55 pm

It is exactly like cooking, and sometimes cooking up the same recipe is all you need.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:21 pm

Cut up all your little notes and stick them in your BOS, I think all the little notes, ideas and drawings add personality and charm to your book. I use the sissors with the fancy edge (deckle edge) and stick them in with doublesided tape.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 pm

That's a good idea, I keep mine in a box, so they are all together. It would be easy to do.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:40 pm

A box to keep your witchy musing in is also a great idea.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:08 pm

I decorated a cigar box and put "my odd paper box" on the front. It's cute, and my candle box is cute. You know that little folio I was making for myself, well I ended up giving it to Becky for her birthday, she just loved it, said it was even more special because id made it. So I have to get to work on mine now. :lol: again :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Cigar box sounds great, I have an old cigar box I could alter, but I have my embroidery thread collection in it. :lol: You have no idea how many things I use embroidery thread for. Everything except embroidery! :lol:
My candle box is a pretty one that my Daughter in Law gave me a present in it. I like it when the packaging is as good as the present. ;)
I am still loving the folder you made me. I keep special things in there. ;)
By the way, I sold 10 cards, made myself a cool $50.
How are the folders for the family reunion going? :twisted: Hummm!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:42 pm

I found an interesting article on making your own oils. http://paganpath.com/study/library/form ... 8-holy-oil and there were a few nice recipes for different purposes eg protection and blessing. You will have to scroll down till you find the Holy Oil section. I am a member on the Pagan Path and they have a nice reference section.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:10 pm

That is good to know, I thought I would have to find a heavy cigar smoker.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Oh no you can get all kinds, although id stay away from the wooden ones, unless you aren't going to decorate them. I got some of the wood boxes they were nice, but I couldn't really do anything with them, ended up giving most of them away.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:44 pm

My BOS is progressing nicely, I have written 46 pages so far, that is actually 92 pages because I only number the pages on the right hand side so I have extra room for pictures etc. I only left 2 pages for my Index page and I am only indexing important Chapters, not trivia or personal observations that I put in between the informational chapters. I should have left at least 4 pages. I may have to glue in extra pages, or I can add more pages in the back of my book next to my list of "People I would like to punch in the Face". Oh yes! There is a section for this. It is my Dark Magick page. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes I think it is my 666 year. :twisted:
I made up a large batch of Moon Phase symbols to stick on my Spell pages. It will show the correct moon phase by each spell. Phase at a glance, so to speak.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Now I am up to page 77. My last entry is Color Therapy and Spell Breaking. Which is an interesting concept, different from the colors used for candle magick. For example Yellow for candle magick is for Imagination, Sun, Memory and Logic. It accelerates learning and breaks mental blocks. for communication, joy, comfort, studying for exams and concentration.
Yellow for color therapy and spell breading. Breaks low self esteem, comparison to others, self harming and feelings of being unimportant.
I thought it may be a useful tool.
Like my candle colors chart, I used my watercolor pencils to use as the color index, it makes it easier to find what you are looking for. and it is pretty. :lol:
Also new is my Spell to receive monies owed, Purifying your tarot cards and types of water and their uses.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Emily is just starting her BOS, very exciting!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Good for her, I love my BOS. I think when you start on your Book is shows that you are serious about learning the Craft..
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:20 pm

She's very serious, I'm really proud of her, she has taken my clear crystal quarts necklace and wares it everywhere :shock: I will be buying her one of her own!! She comes in from school, does her homework then grabs Michaels book, she is recording every experience she has while doing the exercises in the book, she cant wait to state working spells. I told her to practice making a protective circle, she replies "when I get to that part ill do that" :lol:

You would think having a Witch Grandma would count for something. But she has said (ill quote) "its my path to walk and ill do it my way" :? well Ok and you should, but she does ask a lot of questions.
Elia

PreviousNext

Return to Book of Shadows