[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Rewards

Rewards

Anything and everything about candles can go here

Rewards

Postby patrah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:31 am

At one point whenever I did work for other people with candles.....
I would light a little birthday candle in a color for a small intention.....
Sort of like, ok I'm doing a prosperity spell for someone, or a travel safety spell, or a healing candle for another person....
Say I wanted money! Or enlightenment or something....
I would put a birthday candle in green, or purple or yellow for me to be sent along with their spell.....
And never thought another thing about it.....
Tonight though, I am wondering would that little spiritual compensation request which I sent along with the work I was doing, unbeknownst to the person I was working the magick for, be an interference in the work for them being done?
I stopped doing the little self candle....
Not for that reason, just stopped....
Perhaps I saw no relevance....
Wonder now, if the spirit, knowing I would have concerns, prompted me to stop....
Or now, am wondering if it was all ok to begin with?....
Any thoughts??...
patrah
Dark Beauty

Re: Rewards

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:02 pm

I don't think it was a problem.... and if it felt that it was maybe (if you start doing it again) just make sure you do the candles your doing for others THEN do yours separate. Really the magic your expending is YOUR magic and your doing it willingly, so I just don't feel there was/is a issue.

But I do understand I was that way with my tarot readings. I always did mine separate or not at all cause I was never as sure of what I was getting when I did mine and I did notice especially when I was doing huge batches of them that MY issues or mood? would kind of rub off and the readings would seem to reflect that more so than the what was about the querant.

Do you not do the candle stuff much anymore? I'm wanting to learn this branch of magic next.. and astrology, and crystal ball (or mirror) gazing.... and.. and.. and... :shock: :mrgreen: :roll: ;)

I just read a "wishing bowl" spell involving candles...
it said you take and drip wax of any color of candles that was relevant (same with how many)
and then secure a white candle in the middle of bowl using these dripping to do so..
then you add a coin daily. Any coin just light the candle for a few minutes each day, and drop a coin in!
then when you have a need (or want to make a wish) take a coin out to use that wish that day...

Then when it gets almost full you take (not all) but most out and either spend it on candy for neighbor kids or kids in your own family or donate it to ??? your choice and use the few remaining coins left in the bowl as your "seed" and start over again. Sounds neat...don't know how well but would be fun to try!

(problem is I can see the cats and hubby fishing the coins out if Im not careful!) pouts.... :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:16 pm

I think I would be more comfortable doing one candle spell at a time. But as long as your intentions are firmly put into your candle you could do as many as you want. You are supposed to set your intentions while you Bless and Dress your candle. While the candle is burning, you should be visualising that your intentions are coming true.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Elia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Agree!! :D
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:03 pm

from everything I've read I agree if lighting the candles for a spell you needed specificly..

This, the way they were explaining it was your were basically "empowering" the coins and then when you had a need (or desire, a wish) you then pulled out a coin and used it.... putting that magical energy into use that day. Just focus on your need for that day...I guess... there wasn't a whole lot of explanation after the basic set up part. It just sounded real neat...

Like when T.V. dinners came out for nights you didn't want to cook! omgosh it does sound like the fast food take out lane for spells! dammit..... :lol: :mrgreen: :oops:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby patrah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:05 pm

I think it kind of came out of when I was doing perpetual healing candles....
I would become drained of energy....
Someone said, put my own name on the healing candle first name on the list...
That worked for some time....
Later down the road, I became intense or drained or something...
Then someone I trust said, when doing healing candles, always do a separate candle for me and my household and put everyone else listed on the other candle...
So, there I was doing healing for a list of people....
For me though I had a candle for me....
Was less drained for doing that....
So when one time I,was doing a lot of candle work for others, and other stuff too, I was not finding time or energy to do any work for me and was feeling that I was leaving myself out of the magick....
So, for instance when I would do a spell, I would light a little green compensation candle for myself to remind me that though I couldn't ask for or accept from who I was working for, I could ask the universe to compensate me for the work I was doing right then...usually a tiny birthday candle....
While the work I was doing for the other might be a 2 or 4 hour candle or a week long one...
I did ask for the opinions, and likely wouldn't of asked if I was completely ok with what I was doing....
So, thanks you all...
I'm going to re read and will just have to create time for me as much so as for others...
And get off me rusty dusty and get more done period...
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby patrah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:14 pm

It was sort of like when I use a tiny black birthday candle before or at the beginning of a spell to filter negative energy out ....
And or when I end a spell with a tiny white to resume the energy which is good coming in....
A tiny purple, or green or yellow for me and what I expect for the uNivers to compensate me for my work....
And even saying it this way sounds selfish or something...
So again, this is why I asked....
I may try it again one day to see how I feel about it....
Presuming it has a lot to do with that.....
I asked because somewhere in e was that concern over either ethics, or effectiveness....
If it interferes with what the main spell is it takes power from it....
If my needs are interfering it can seem selfish....
Going to read you guys comments yet again...
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby patrah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Madame Marigold I like that wishing bowl spell....
I may try it....
I was doing a money "growing" spell....
Get a lucky plant and some dry patchouli and a coin....
Put the coin in the dirt near the plant and sprinkle with dry patchouli....
When money shows up, spend the coin immediately as possible and replace the coin....
It seemed to be keeping me with spare change for awhile....
Kind of am lax with it right now....
I may try yours for awhile.....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Patrah, to me it sounds like you are expending too much energy on doing spells for others and not enough time doing spells for yourself. A four hours candle spell for a client and a two minute spell for you is not an equal payback. I think you, for a while at least, should concentrate on reviving your strength and power. This is not selfish, this is survival.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:11 am

I do stuff for me...I see where I am not being clear....
I just was going through this thing where I wanted to be compensated each time I did something for someone....
So, whenever I worked something for others I just did a little side candle to remind me, and the powers that be, that perhaps there would be something for me.....
Not from whoever I did the working for.....
Just that it would be.....
I probably need to do more mundane stuff for me, like cleaning and clearing....
But I do tend to overdo for others until there is no more anything for me....
Not always, but it is something I have got to set limits for and really think about sometimes....
And Ouroboros, as you said it is survival....
Survival should not have to require consideration.....
It should be understood....
I work on the balance issue...
It may be at the foundation of many issues which I have got to solve....
Working on that too....
Thanks....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:49 pm

People will drain you dry if you give them half a chance. I have a couple of friends like that at the moment. Always needy, no matter what you do for them. The thing is they must do these things for themselves.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Yes I can understand...
I feel I am that type of person though....
So if even when I try not to drain others, I am this way, how can I turn my back on others when I recognize their need?
I know the pattern has got to be broken....
Sometimes I just do not see how I can help me....
And I recognize when my burdens at more than others want to know about...
Or when because of circumstances, my stuff is out of control....
There still has got to be someone to assist....
And if I know me to have this perpetual flaw, it would be I concision able for me to knowingly leave others this way....
But my quest with the candle thing is not really about that....
It is more me seemingly trying to make sure h
The universe compensates me for what I'm doing....
And it seems the way to go is to not ask for compensation from the universe or my or the energies associated with work done for another or other reasons....
But to make sure that I am doing enough for me so that I do not require immediate compensation everytime I am doing a work.....
Yes we probably all have those friends who without their needing us, would be those peaceful moments where we could say ahhhh.....
Even for solving their endless dilemmas.....
Remember last week on one of the venues herein.....
You and Elia V were so concerned with my endless needs and issues coming up?
It occurs to me that probably I have maybe no more or very little more problems than anyone else....
I tend to be as a doctor at the medical school called me when I was in college going to medical school for medical help....
She a
Called me a crock....which means chronic complainer.....
And I at least understand that about me...
So it will be more easily dealt with....Alomg with all the stuff which I complain about.....
I'm thinking with me that part of it is that I live with animals...Which is wonderful....They are just not real good with talking through solutions....
So yes people will drain the life....
And then filters and boundaries are also iMportant....
Letting others know when to quit.....
And letting yourself know when you have enough....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Great minds, eh ouroboros?
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:52 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm in the same situation, fixed income, as you. Sometime life is a struggle, but I'm keeping my head above the water. This year will be great!!!!!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Yes this year is great and of benefit....
Your luck spell's are coming through....
And will be even better.....
Keeping my mind above water, and my mind may can pull my head up....lol
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby patrah » Sun May 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Been doing lil mini banish bad invoke good bulk and white birthday candle spell's....
Added purple one for control of my thoughts
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Every little thing helps, I have been doing a month long Talisman charging, I'm half way through, it started at the new moon and ends on the following new moon. So I'm on the waning half of the moon now. Time to see all bad things fall away.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to How to handle your candle