sheep down and getting ready

Did you have a bad day??

sheep down and getting ready

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:22 pm

for a colonoscopy tomorrow! :? :( (not wanting tooo!) No, my last sheep when hubby came in last night evidently somehow got upside down in the feeder and had been laying there for no telling how long! (I can see then when they go up and down the driveway but not around their feeder) He got her out and as soon as he got her out of her turtled position she just laid immediately and stayed down but her head was up! So he thought no more about it, put some feed in front of her etc etc..
(So that's what that goat was doing!)

I doubt she got a bit... :evil: so when we went to bed last night still in same spot but her head was up THIS morning when he left same thing! I CANT get her up even if I could get out to her and in there with her (which I cant) I could not begin to lift her! She is easily over 250lbs. Just so frustrated.. he could have gone in a wee bit late he has got sooo much time stored up it isn't even funny ! But ..... grrrrrrrr shakes head violently. So... I have been told to gather old sheets that wont hurt to be ruined...?... and some type of bucket for water and he will try to LIFT her with his tractor to get her upon her feet. :shock:

And that he would try to be home as early as he can. slapping hand over mouth and closing eyes before I respond in any way shape or form. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I could understand better if he had a reg clock in clock out job.. but he is a supervisor! once all the buses get in if he needs to HE can go do whatever it is needed as long as he is back by time to make sure the afternoon routes go smoothly.... (4 to 5 hour window!) so...I'm a upset shepherdess. You can be sure of one thing.. this weekend I WILL learn to drive his tractor! PERIOD! (And get a extra key to it) he had his or I WOULD have tried it new or not, even not knowing how to... pouts..... Cant help but think I should just go shoot her and put her down out of her misery. But I just... I still have nightmares over the one goat I did have to do that to 9 years later!...... please if you can send any spare comfort energy or anything to my poor girl Mist....I would so appreciate it!

off to use binoculars to try and see her.... :(
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: sheep down and getting ready

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:52 pm

Oh no! Your poor wee sheep. If they get stuck upside down they can't get up. In Scotland, if you see a sheep on it's back you are required by law to turn it over. :o Yes! It's true! I hope she recouvers.
Good luck with your colonosocopy tomorrow. May you be polop free. :oops: :cry:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Elia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Did she break anything do you think??? I no nothing abut sheep, but I can drive a tractor. Do let us know how this one turns out!!

I too hope your colon gets a clean bill of health.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:12 pm

No she has nothing broken... hubby used tractor and sheets and lifted her up under her front shoulders (so as not to smash insides she is a BIG, BIG girl!) she ate just atiny bit but drank a lot on Tues evening.... But when we got back from my test on Wens. she wouldn't drink a bit or eat anything.. but she had moved around! not seen her stand but she has ??/ somehow changed her position several times so...now its a wait and see till this weekend. He will try to feed and water her by herself tonight and tomorrow night and go from there.....

And YEAH after panicking about the test went smoother than anything I have had done to date! And not a polyp in sight! Who would have thunk it with my diet? :o :shock: :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby patrah » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:53 pm

Are there any other symptom So? If her head is or was up, she wants to live IMHO....
Animals always want to live IMHO.....
Nothing broken.....
Is she in heat or anything......
I'm so sad for you for her......
Um, I know you use Catholic dieties sometimes......
St. Francis of Assisi is a good animal protector.....
I am prayerful....
I know how much our fur babies mean to us......
Please tell me something to do for that situation.....
It may help and get me mind off of the nonsense here......
I love the animals(all of them) with great passion......
And you have become so verily dear to me for all that you do here and personally for me.....
Please give me something to do r/t this effort.....
Yay for your health......
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:42 am

I had been using St Francis and she had was older than we ever thought she would live she was over 10! Anyway when hubby got home I had everything ready and went out with him so we could be sure she ate without the goats trying to steal her food, and maybe drink but she had fell over! And was having seizures.....

We tried to calm her down and see if she could get past them and at least drink but we finally had to put her down. Even if we could have gotten some water down I would not want her to have another seizure so bad and lay and suffer all day tomorrow till he got home so....

He didn't want to but he was getting the tractor while I was sitting on Kubota watching her and it was horrifying seeing her go through that. (And I have had grand mal seizures!) I flat told him to please do it. She was suffering I think.

off topic but still a oddity, one odd enough to mention..
I had been using Saint Barbara for severe head pains and troubles and St. Peregrine for cancer for one of hubby's best childhood friends with brain tumor.. treated it, supposedly it died, and a few others with health issues but I quit about 3 weeks ago. Last tests had come back good the others doing good as well so thought oh no problem, so stopped. Now today the one friend is in hospital from the tumor in his brain that was suppose to be dead cause severe seizure again, and his other good friend had to have surgery for colon cancer this afternoon! I'm making a pledge to never stop once I start praying for a person! maybe its coincidence but I'm not real fond of coincidences!

I appreciate you! So very much~ hmmm do you know the patron is for arthritis? The oldest mama goat has trouble walking cause one knee is swollen with arthritis..... she is the oldest girl on the place except for me! :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:56 pm

I'm so sorry that you had to put your sheep baby down. It is always a hard thing to do, but you don't want them to suffer to long. I glad your test was A OK and you are polop free.
I don't think that if you stopped praying for someone, bad things will happen. If that was the case, we would all be on our knees forever. Somebodies life or dead is not in our hands. I think we can only hope to influence things in our favour.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:11 pm

NO, I know that my prayers were not that big of a part of how their health was going but I also do wonder how much it can/did/could help or effect... I think was mainly what I was meaning......

like hubby always says we each have our own individual time set already... but that just takes us back to whether we are pre destined or not....(I'm not to sure how I stand on that) just how much can we really change what our destiny is/ sorta question... like the chicken and the egg which came first question.

I guess I was just feeling a wee bit guilty. Just have had a whole LOT of death lately! 2 close blood relatives, 3 pets, 5? livestock... shudders just been a awful lot lately.

switching topics I am so glad to get the one that worried me the most over with, and went so smooth I was just giddy when it was done..(and no it wasn't the meds) LOL Only 3 more to go and I am sooo done with docs for the year! And knocking on wood fingers crossed whatever charm, hex anything to keep from having to do so SOOO dang blasted doc visits in 1 year....its been like....12 or 14? hurting the wallet there! (I count the year from right before school starts till it ends.) cause of his work hours and such...
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm not sure about the whole Fate and Predestinedation thing. We have free will , so I think we control our own destiny.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:17 pm

We had a pony that did something similar, he foundered on fresh grass and got really sick, we ended up selling him to a guy I worked with and he's still kicking, doing well. At the time i'd thought for sure we would lose him.
Elia

Return to Oh Hell No