[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - blasted heat!

blasted heat!

Did you have a bad day??

blasted heat!

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:58 pm

My computer and dsl got too hot yesterday and shut off on me but by not shutting down proper? It evidently WIPED the cd full of info I had in the computer! it was all sorts of miscl files from the early 2000's pics and info I had stored from sites that exist no longer, a HUGE compilation of tarot spreads that dated back to the BBS days! (that can no longer be found) ... stories I was writing and this was my main storage of them.. I lost it ALL! I am so mad I could scream or bawl not sure which to do.....!
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: blasted heat!

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Sorry to hear that!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Elia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:42 pm

You need to backup your files on a disc, if you lose anything you can put it back.

I know that of no use now, since you have already lost it all, which I'm so sorry to hear happened, but look on the bright side now you freed some space.
You could see id a computer place could recover it.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Thank goodness I evidently have OCD? (Hubby calls it packrat or hoarding) but some parts of it are scattered I usually save on cd, thumbdrive (which I lose often) and email stuff back to my 2nd email.. so a bit of it I have recovered but some of it I doubt will find again. (stuff from sites that existed in 2002,2004 etc) so I'm still digging thru all my stacks cds.. and scanning them to se what files I can find... its just irritating. LOL
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Well good luck, at least you found some of it.
Elia

Postby arianllwynog (nog) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 am

Glad it's not as bad as first thought. :)
arianllwynog (nog)
Jewel

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 pm

I hate it when I can't find my stuff. I cant find my set square and I need it for doing my picture framing. Trouble is , it is transparent plastic and I cant see it. Rats!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:27 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 pm

He is worse at finding things :shock: he will start to rip the whole house apart :o I'm like " I know I did'nt leave it in the attic!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:16 pm

transparent :shock: that's so cute, like looking for something invisible, especially when you cant see anyway. Do you have to use your reading glasses to pluck your eyebrows???? and use a magnifying mirror :? I do!!!!

OMG I'm old, blast this heat I'm sagging!!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:33 am

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:15 pm

I'm wondering if this heat dome means we will have a bad winter. My God its hot here, and no let up in site!!!

Good thing this place has a really good AC unit, I don't know how people are working in this!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:20 pm

The Rowan or Mountain Ash trees are heavily laden with berries. Old Wives say when the berries are heavy and plentiful, it will be a hard winter.
I hope not.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:56 am

After this HOT summer, I wouldn't drought we have a bad winter. I don't care if the snow gets up to my ass, I have a 4 wheel drive, the grocery store is in the next parking lot, if I had to walk, and I'm on the second floor :D ill just sit back and enjoy!!
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:01 pm

I just want a long fall.... this summer has been really tough have had to delay selling our bigger bulls (since hubby couldn't get them loaded) they look like we are starving them when before the heat struck they were overweigh!

So, I would survive a hard winter but I really, really, really want a LONGGGG fall... my fav season! Sell the rest of the cattle but 3 girls to mow, and be cool enough to be able to try to go outside and watch hubby catch things up (need to dismantle HUGE barn tree destroyed and build one for the younger heifer) and make raised garden beds for next spring! and, and, and all sorts of ideas! LOL sighs one can hope. :lol:
(need to check the persimmons and the wooly worms to see how bad winter will be I suppose) now to convince hubby...... :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Oh yea my Grandma use to check the woolly worms, but I cant remember what color means a bad winter. Maybe all black??

I hope Fall takes its time too, and Winter hits about mid Jan. :lol: Id like to open windows, turn off AC and just feel the cool breeze coming in. Look at the pretty trees around here, my goodness there are a lot of hill and trees down here.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:31 pm

I bet! Hope you get to take pics of it to show off? I have to be careful opening the windows cause the newest cat knows she s big enough to just blow through and rune the screen and escape! (She took out screen door) But I def want to air the place out.. I do my spring cleaning in the fall...snickers backwards I know but... :lol: at least you have some awesome views there right? that is so awesome...
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 pm

Fall is my favourite time too. The hot days and cool nights. The colors of the trees, The blue of the sky seems more brilliant than ever.
And Hallow'een! :shock: Da! Da! Daaaaa.
Fall Fairs and farmer's markets.. One could go on. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm wondering if ill get any trick or treaters here, I think there are only a few kids in these apartments. Maybe just one bag of candy this year.

It cooled off a day but has heated up again. I actually cant wait to see the snow fly!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Well, one for you and one for the kids.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 pm

lol :lol: I always get myself a bag, like I need it :?

It's going to be in the 100's with the heat index, actual temp's are in the 90's it really hot here!! Good thing I have a good AC!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 pm

I have my A/C on today. It's hot here too.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:20 pm

OMGz it just toasted me yesterday, carrying all that stuff, I cant wait for fall!!!! Image
Elia

Return to Oh Hell No