[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - If hubby woulda listened

If hubby woulda listened

Did you have a bad day??

If hubby woulda listened

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Ok this last weekend hubby had me come out with him wanting me to look at my youngest goat. He is the cattle master (went thru the class's and everything!) I am the goat and sheep doc. And she was acting really super funny she hadn't been coming down to eat for a couple of days which he said she has done this before but would then a day or 2 later be bouncing around for her food... Now these last 2 girls are not tame AT ALL! So he goes around and touches her and she drops to the ground and starts a seizure. I told him them we need to probably go ahead and put her down. He didn't want to kept saying by tomorrow probably be back to like she has been doing etc etc. So the next day is rains ALL day cold rain constant. I should have gone and checked on her but even if I had? I cant walk into the paddock anymore to get to HER or open the panel to drive the kubota into there.

So he gets home and evidently she had been laying there is the cold rain all DAY :cry: :cry: I had the rifle ready along with the feed so I hear 4 shots. I don't know whether I should feel guilty for letting her lay all day or for not putting her down myself that day before instead of expecting him to do it or be ticked at him for NOT just doing it when I said. I know it bugs him even though he use to be a hunter but.. she laid ALL day and I don't know if she was conscious, suffering or not just... AGHHHH! Now her mom is all alone last one left (other than the cows out in the big pasture) and goats are herd animals but she is 2 wild and 2 old to change homes and hubby wont want another critter since we are just now thinning down.. her and her mother played so much and were constant companions; just upsetting and ticking me off, Also loads of guilt... Should have kept a closer eye on her after we lost 2 of the cows to ?? something. shakes head. just needed to vent. off to go watch the remaining cows and goat with the binoculars. She was so beautiful too a cross between alpine and Nubian goats black with lighter chocolate marking on face and the big Nubian floppy ears just not as much just gorgeous, I should have tried harder to work with her and tame her and just handle them more over the years. Just such a sad thing.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: If hubby woulda listened

Postby Elia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:45 am

I'm sorry you had to do that, I don't think I could, that is sad. I don't guess they would let you have the medicine the vets use to put an animal down, but that would be better for you. Hope it wasn't something that spreads to the other animals, or the other goat.

Hugs Honey
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I thought of that going to the vet but we would not even been able to load her up to take her! (She was that wild) when her batch was born was when the worst of the MS attacks had hit me and I was 100% wheelchair bound.. even to point of having to transfer to toilet or bed. there was no way to go out and tame them and work with them and hubby between work, his mom and me didn't have the time either so... by time I could get to point of doing that sort of stuff again it was far to late. I was just upset about her laying there all day in that cold rain! I never would have wanted her to suffer like that. I can only hope that the seizures had her unconscious most of it OR that she wasn't down ALL day just the latter part of it. I'm afraid to ask hubby for more details about what she was like when he found her. her and her mom and grandma have def. lived longer than most goat owners I have heard about goats have lived but still feel guilt for the circumstance. grandma was 14? I think, mom is still alive she is 12 and the one that just passed was 10. Do not a bay though in my minds eye she always was. hard to picture they are(were) that old already! I cant find any signs of disease that would be transmittable she was star gazing the day before she died so more likely stroke or brain bleed will have to get my big caprine training book out and recheck what can cause that..... to be on safe side!
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you lost one of your goats. Please do not dwell on what you could have done . You are your Husband gave her, Mom and Grandmom a nice home with freedom to roam in the fields, in peace and with kindness. Light a candle for her and remember her to the Great Spirit.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:00 am

Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

I did and it does make me feel a wee bit better. Have a virtual one lit for all of the last 3 we have lost... it has helped. And from everything we can tell its not something that is passable. At least so far. Depends on incubation period I guess and that should already be passed by now?? I think..... ANYWAY did take your advice and it has certainly eased a little of the guilt. Heck I still have some from the last one I put down 10 years ago! (That was a bad one really really bad) shudders... Off to relight another one for the old girl I had not considered..... :shock:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Bless your heart. Much Love and Hugs
Elia

Return to Oh Hell No