Kids stepping up

Did ya have a good day??

Kids stepping up

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 pm

Wow finally son stepping up to the plate! With Papa Bunny's knee totally about to have him laid up ( he is struggling mightily) refuses to STAY DOWN and off it but hubby has gone into town picked up son, and son has done the mowing of the place in town for dad the last 2 times! And actually listening and not messing the machine up like he always has done thru the years(2 high dollar mowers ruined by kid) Hubby will buy him breakfast or lunch and this last time he also did give him 20 bucks but it sure has helped more than what son realizes! I truly am very pleased (shocked but pleased) THEN a friend from hubbies work showed up to help him load the big bull (me and son are no help with them) we either don't know enough (son) or not mobile enough (me!) and took him to the butcher Sunday afternoon. 1669lbs! He is a big ass feller! We should get roughly between 450 to 600lbs of ground beef back once it is all said and done, (depending on how big is his bones.) I def am going to have to clean out freezer BIG TIME! Literally completely out! That's gonna be a lot of BEEF! :lol: but just thought I would give a shout out it has taken a big pressure off of papa bunnies shoulders these 2 items. I wasn't worried about them but evidently he was very much. :roll:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: Kids stepping up

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Well, good for him! Credit where credit is due.
600 lbs of hamburger is a lot of burger, but I guess that is all you can make out of a Bull. We usually go in with other people and get a half side but lately a half of a half does us for a long time. we used to get a whole side and divide it up with the kids, but we can't get the deals like we used to.
Hope your Hubby's knee gets better soon.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:30 pm

I have a feeling hubby is going to give one of his mechanics who does stuff for him on his off time a bunch the 2 farmer who help him so much heck they already got their own cattle butchered that's the last thing they need is more ground beef LOL BUT I think I will son will probably get a good bit for their freezer. (The have her son and his 2 friends there as well and none of the 5 are working! OR going to school. (The 3 kids are 15, 16?) gggrrrrr I know, I know I have no room to talk but there truly was differentiating circumstances! still ticks me off their attitude. :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Kids are self centered at that age, it will get better as they get older and wiser.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Sooo glad they are helping, it good to know they will be there in tough times

:shock: “Where’s the Beef” Madame M’s freezer :D are ya getting some stakes too, I love ribeye
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:37 pm

Hubby did tell them if they could get some good ? ones off of him to go ahead (cant remember the cut right now) but they agreed with him there probably wont be that many of them evidently the older the bull is the lesser the good cuts of meat especially these grass feed ones. (But we have supplemented so much) so I guess we shall just have to wait to see what winds up in the bags... I know one time back when we were hunting more and the lids were butchering their FFA hogs we wound with all sorts of stuff in our bags.. OR worse some of our stuff not put in actually sold to another purchaser. But most of the good butchers are just about all gone now. Heck I could only find one that would take one as big as him and that was when we were guestemating his weight at 1400! I am actually dreading the bill once they get him done! :o
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Bulls tend to be tough, all the testosterone and running around. I love hamburger!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Shame you guys cant move to OK for the next year I could feed ya guys... ;) at least meat wise. EASILY! His hanging weight came back at 946 or 48? lbs. We could easily get close to 600 pounds of ground beef. shakes head and I STILL don't have freezer emptied! I'm finding meat from 2013~ :shock: and its too dang hot to cook~ pouts.. hahahahahhaa
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 am

I love hamburgers too. And yeah it’s going to be hot and just get hotter
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Apparently we had a humdinger of a storm last night, I slept through it, dang I missed it. No need to water today.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 pm

we just had record flooding now someone popped on the TV saying that we are looking at a possible 100 year drought! Are they idjets or what? We still cant move barges down our main channel cause the water is STILL to high! I don't know why I even bother with turning TV on... shakes head at dummies..... agghhhh numnuts.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go figure!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:52 pm

We have plenty of rain, had a big storm last evening, I love the thunder.
Good thing about here is we usually have enough rain so we don’t have forest fires very often, the way William plays with fire it probably a good thing it rains every other day :lol:
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:44 pm

shudders I use to love fire but now it is up there in my top 2 biggest fears.. tornados and fires. I just don't respond fast enough any more if the need arises. shudders scares me badly! the thought~ Now I set off electricity thank goodness I am not a fire starter that would suck. But that is a male thing isn't it? The love to mess with fire me thinks. Just looking at the back half of the 5 acres next to us with the guy gone? We arn't for sure if it is ok for us to mow it is nothing but kindling! ACCCKKKK! :evil: Def time to redo protection runes all along the place. Even though I fear them now? I can remember as a kid waling around barefooted out in the thunderstorms. Hard to picture it now. I think I am out of touch with nature I need to get better grounded maybe?
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

I love a good bonfire, but someone has to keep watch on it for sparks and rolling logs. Make sure the drunks don't fall in it. and have a charged hose at hand.
It is always a good opportunity to find a wand too. Air and Fire.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:15 pm

MM just Earth walk, that should ground and charge you.

Yea the fire thing is definitely a man thing, I can remember Greg and William fighting over who could start and maintain the fires, we use to have big parties at the farm, and there was always a big ass fire :D
Only thing was they did it out in the field so no hose close, I can remember once that they all took turns jumping over the fire one guy landed on the other side and burn his leg pretty bad he just got laughed, at they were crazy and drunk.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Yup! It ain't a party till somebody lands in the fire! There is always one in the bunch.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:13 pm

I guess I have missed out on the good parties then. barbeques yes, but non of the drunken parties (That I remember) ever ended with someone burnt but then again I don't remember much of them nor how I got home either! hahahahahaha I do know I was never asked to man the barbeque ever. pouts nor to slice anything. I get the impression no one trusts me! (?) ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 pm

When you wake up the next morning covered in bruises and dirt, you know you have had a good time.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:09 pm

LMAO yep grass in the hair = a really good time :lol:
My goodness I’ve had some fun in my day!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Me too, fun, Fun, Fun.....
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Oh, waking up in strange unknown spot grass in hair and under clothes well, yeah, fun times were had but sure wasn't no FIRE! Just really, RELLY good times... ;) bunny ears a-wagglin... :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Return to Oh Hell Yea