My Goddess

Talk about your Goddess, or ask questions here

My Goddess

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Well, the first one I have always been very drawn to is Bast... that was the name I heard the first time my familiar spoke to me, so I have always had a special spot for her (and a knitted one that was gifted to me)

I also have a big crocheted "Grandmother spider woman" I had made along with her Hopi warrior.
I want a Hecate next.....

I cant wait to add more. have you every been on the dancing goddess doll site? I sit and drool over all her girls she has made. Hope to use hers for inspiration. hard part is picking what group to pick from!

Who is your Goddess? or who have you been drawn to?
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: My Goddess

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am

Madame Marigold, it seems everytime you say something, I become more convinced we are either soul mates, or the same person....
My goddess for now is frigga.....
Bast is one of the favorites I have though....
Bast has not given me a sign as she has you.....
I understood frigga had made my life better when it was suggested I research her as it pertained to my issues with 13 and more especially Friday 13....
So for now or unless someone else claims me frigga is her.....
I love Egyptian spirituality and many things about Egypt.....
And of course bast is Egyptian....
And also a black cat....
And wears beautiful jewelry.....
So though she may not be as drawn to me as I am her...
She remains foremost with me...
You seem to have a special relationship to her as you said you heard her name with your familiar....
So Madame Marigold, we are kindred yet....
At least in my weird thinking we are.....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:18 pm

I think so as well! And I think the only reason I was able to hear her was I was very, very ill at the time and my cat familiar was with me constantly even at night (pushing daddy out of bed!) comforting me... that might be why you've not heard her so dramatically yet...

As soon as I can get the go ahead to do the 'Rune" spells several of them suggest when you call upon ?? the suggest frigga!

My problem is I'm drawn to SOOO many from different pantheons it is so hard to actually settle one which ones to call upon! :lol:

I
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:32 pm

I was only told to research frigga....
All I did was to read about her in one site....
She must of taken to me after that....
Which is why I think from what you have said, that bast has taken to you....some people call upon a god or goddess.....
And perhaps receive what they need from them...others have said, that the deity will choose you....
Again pointing to bast for you for now....
I really know little about bast except she is a major Egyptian goddess...
And is the form of a black,cat...
I'm going to look more into her...Because of my interest in Egyptology....
She apparently chose to assist you when you needed the help....
Frigga must of helped me...
I no longer suffer the deep seated 13 or Friday 13 superstition...
I can only attribute It to the idea that she helped me very discretely and only because I thought enough of her to look her up....
I'm thinking that if you are seeking again, perhaps another deity will take your cause...
Some people stick with one main deity, and use other aspects of other deities as needed....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:43 pm

I have always been drawn to Hecate as well... and the other form of Baste Sekmet I even started trying to crochet a Sekmet doll! Got the head fairly done just need to find it again~ :cry: :lol:

There again I'm always ALWAYS drawn to any form of doll these last few years and doll forms of the goddess's just have me obsessing.... :shock: :o :twisted: :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:38 pm

I am drawn to Selene and all lunar goddess's, Triple Goddess's, Hecate, Fortuna and Nemesis. The Star Goddess. I havent been called to one in particular yet.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby patrah » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

I like the moon herself..
I like selenite the crystal, so I will look at Selene....
I like the singer Selina Dione.....
Am not versed enough to know the goddesses and their influences yet...
Not really been called either...
Just helped so immensly by Frigga that I began to know she was "for"me...
Hey is fortuna for justice too?
What goddess is for justice?
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Nemesis, meaning "to give what is due." whould be a good one to pray to for Justice.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Ohhh she would be! Need to add her to my list..... Cool! ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:39 pm

I've worked with Hecate the most, for the longest time id look up the Goddess to see which one fit the circumstance, then Michael ask if id participate in "Her Sacred Fires" that year, so I did the research, prepared and did the Rite, the next night coming home from work there was a Hugh Black Dog standing in the road just at the corner of my yard, (never seen this dog before) by the time I got out of my car it was gone, (sign # 1) then I kept seeing the #3 everywhere I went, and had so many blessings the following two weeks, I knew she was letting me know she was there. She never claimed me, although I thought she would. I still work with her, and when I do I see her signs.
I also live on a street that is a three way at the end,(crossroad) so I could always (in the middle of the night) after the ritual take the offerings down there. I've often wondered if anyone ever seen me and wondered what I was doing. :?
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Hecate sounds like a no nonsence girl. Rather stern. I remember watching "Her Sacred Fires " on U Tube, Sophia, something or other, she was very good, I think she was Italian.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:16 pm

They have it every year it's on the Full moon in May. it's world wide, and has quite a following. It's quite powerful when so many are doing the Rite at the same time, you can feel it in your sole. They have quite a few u-tube videos on the Rite and how to do it.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:39 pm

I will have to watch it in May, I do remember it as being very moving. Sophia had an awesome voice.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to The Goddess