[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Debates about Gods/Goddess's

Debates about Gods/Goddess's

Talk about your Goddess, or ask questions here

Debates about Gods/Goddess's

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:35 pm

I know this is going to sound quite silly but I seriously an curious about this and who better to ask than folks who know and understand the different pantheons! Anyway. who would win between Baldur and Zeus?

I was in one of my ?? moods and found a anime about Zeus, worried about the worlds of both humans and the gods made a pocket dimension? a school and brought 8 of the worst gods (god-lins?) as far as their feeling for humans and also a young Japanese girl Yui Kusanagi to spend a year at this school for her to teach them all about what it is to be human. There are 2 Japanese gods, 3 Greek, and 3 Norse plus Thoth a Egyptian one as teacher... evidently Loki and Thor had been raised with Baldur something about because of ??? the bad side of him if it is tae him over he would be strong enough to destroy the entire universe. And it is really a cute anime how they all band together to bring him back to the "good" side or something like that but it does make me curious.. is there anyone of the gods that could win a fight with Zues? isn't he suppose to be the main dude? makes me wonder... :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: Debates about Gods/Goddess's

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:08 pm

As far as I can remember, Baldur is the brother of Thor and Loki, he was the golden one, favored and beautiful. Hated by Loki, of course. Loki was the evil one. I think Freya made every living thing promise never to hurt Baldur, all did except for the Mistletoe. Loki made an arrow out of Mistletoe and gave it to Thor to shoot at Baldur, as Thor thought Baldur was immune to everything, Thor shot and killed him. That's all I know.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm

I knew that was the original Norse story but in this anime Loki is a well, good guy if you can call him that? (Much better than in the mythology!) but when it comes time to kill Baldur he just cant but Baldur evidently knew all along that was what was needed to control his "bad" side so he tell his Norse brothers he loves then then commits suicide jumping into the sea but the change hits him before he properly dies! So, now he is incased and slowly destroying the pocket universe while Zeus fight to contain it... it took all 9 gods (all the boys plus Zeus & Thoth) plus the human female to stop his destruction..

That's what had me wondering if there was any of the supposed gods that could top Zeus.. I mean he took out his father Kronos who was supposedly the biggest, baddest till him.. so, it was just a stupid curiosity but it is still there.. :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Sorry, I can't get around the mixed mythologies...
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Well Zeus cant be much of a bad ass if it took him and 9 others :shock: (no offence Zeus) ;)
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Snickers yep that would do it she is the bad ass of them.. but got to admit one of them was Dionysus (sp) god of wine and merry making and fertility... not what you would picture as a big gun fighter... :lol: unless getting them drunk then out sex them is your plan.. although got to admit in my younger years it did work somethimes! ;) like I have always said I ALWAYS get my way! giggles
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:56 am

If you think about it they all have their own special power.

I actually work with Hekate most of the time, I do have a Spirit book that lists all of them. Yes very big book!! I also have a really cool old mythology book, I love reading the stories in that book. I have to refresh every now and again :lol:
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:48 pm

I have been doing some research on Hekate lately and as she is the guardian of Mothers and children, last night I did a rather spontanious prayer to Hekate to help my son get through his anger and to help him cope with every day life. I hope she can help him.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm

You will usually see one of her signs after any working with her, even a prayer, like the number 3 popping up, or a large hound dog, or a key, I actually see that dog, I don't know where he comes from, ill look back and he's gone, so I know she is going to help, or if I haven't worked with her for a while, she is getting my attention.
She has other signs id just have to look them up.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

I have keys hung up next to my art desk, they are tiny ones that I use for my fairy doors. I have black ones and gold ones, they are really cute. They can be used for jewellery. I was thinking yesterday that I should hang some on my BOS and I have key stickers that would be good in my BOS as well. Triple keys! I have to be careful not to make my book too lumpy, I have a lot of misc. stuff stuck in. It is getting pretty full. I have to stagger the add on's around the page so as to keep the pages semi flat.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:00 am

I bought a little tiny gold key for my necklace, its so cute. I have so many charms I have to rotate them. :D But since she is my Goddess I wear that a lot.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:30 pm

I love charms too, if I travel I try to bring back a little charm to remind me of my trip. I got a little silver starfish when I went to Hawaii. A pentacle in Mexico. I had a charm bracelet when I was a kid, I still have it. I collected enameled Coats of Arms from different towns in France, and then I stopped. I have a few little things that I could put on the bracelet. I would like to keep all of the charms silver though.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm allergic to most silvers, and a lot of gold, I paid 385 dollars for a pair of big hooped ear rings and they broke me out, its the alloys in the gold I'm allergic to.
So I have to be careful what I buy, right now I have my same gold necklace ive has for 40 years or more, every time I get a new one it will break my neck out.
The charms don't seem to bother me, but then they don't stay in one place, I cant even ware a watch.

Sorry we have gotten off topic :?
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:30 pm

I only buy Sterling Silver or I break out too. Gold is fine, any time!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:15 pm

LOL I love any jewelry but for some reason All I wear anymore is my medical ID and a necklace (the type of chain dog tags are on?) with the key to my gun pocket of my purse, and a miraculous medal and a 4 way scapular medal..... I cant find any of my earring and I have 4 piercing I need to get new ones even if they are the cheapies I suppose.... back to Gods and Goddess's I also have a pull to Hecate and on to the Morrighan...

I was gifted a knitted Hecate by the same lady from England who gifted me my Baste one so I have both of those in shot glass's (dolls themselves slightly over 5") right next to my catholic statues.. I have a 3" St Joseph, 8" St Anthony, and a 8" Immaculate conception Mary and a 13" cross with Jesus hanging on it along with my pendulums and rosaries...on my computer table and of course thru the rest of the living room I have a 20"inch crocheted grandmother spider woman, a 10" Hopi warrior, a 14" fairy (bisque doll) on a stand and a big bin of the crocheted ones I just haven't finished their heads... my tarot box full also sets to the side of my computer table as well...
(don't u know if a priest walked in my house he would be sooo confused!) :mrgreen:

I do plan on making some of my little crocheted ones into the characters from that anime... they will be CUTE! The costumes they used were from original points of Japans history and they are really, really awesome!

Eventually I want a few of each pantheon to highlight each one. Its just choosing which god/goddess's to pick! I just can not picture Baldur tougher stronger than Zeus.. just cant... other thing wrong is the have Apollo as obsessive compulsive disorder! every ones name he double taps their names every time he calls out to one of them! loki loki, bali bali etc etc.. that is so wrong but the show is still cute. :lol: sorry off on another rabbit trail....snickers
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:13 am

Baldur was supposed to be beautiful, radiant and beloved by all who beheld him. Except for Loki of course.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby arianllwynog (nog) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Strangely Baldur was not attested as a god until later , although he was the second son of Odin and Frigg and linked to Ragnarok and the end of the gods, where as Zeus is more akin to Thor or Odin. Zeus was not one to cross just look at the god who created humankind Prometheus his punishment for going against the wishes of Zeus and give humans the gift of fire plus other gifts was to be chained to a rock and have his liver pecked out by an eagle during the day, for it to regenerate at night to stat the painful process over again.
arianllwynog (nog)
Jewel

Postby Elia » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 am

All I got is horseshoes and feathers and tons of paper.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:01 am

:lol: :lol: Randy told me I was a hoarder, but I was very clean about it :lol: :lol: I have so much stuff, but I cant live without it!! Actually it's my life's work, all ive ever done is right here, in a box or on the wall, :lol: :lol:

We are so off topic :shock:
Elia

Return to The Goddess