Tarot card of the day

All things tarot

Re: Tarot card of the day

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

7/11/2018 (Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot)

7 of Swords

You cannot see me, but I am always here, watching and protecting you. You don't always have to do it by yourself; others are more than willing to help, if you were but to ask.

(meanings from Aeclctic tarot forum now defunct)

Seven of Swords Tarot Card Meaning

A thief sneaks off with five out of seven swords. It's no surprise that when it comes to swords, attacks are sneaky and tricky, not direct like with Wands. Yet this is still an attack that requires creativity and steadfastness. The image also us back to number five (stolen swords) and "loss" along with what remains behind, number two, and choices.

This is the "Thief" card, and though it can be taken literally (protect yourself against theft), it usually means a different type of stealing. Being the intellect and communication, what might be stolen are ideas, something you've written, or even an internet password. The querent should be warned to be on their guard, especially against those who are trying to extract information from them.

Stand guard over what you value, and try to outwit the thief. In some cases, in fact, this card might be advising the querent that they have to be the thief. They need to be tricky, sneaky, even dishonest because, in some situations, honesty is not the best policy. Sometimes flattery, lies, dissembling is necessary to get back what you feel belongs to you.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

7/12/18 (Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot)

5 of Pentacles (LWB)

"I glide thru, this, your world, a phantom from a forgotten age. And I see you all, afflicted with the same troubles and burdens, that we naively thought were ours alone. Be strong, for they are like me, fleeting.

(From Aecletic Tarot)

Five of Pentacles Tarot Card Meaning

Another famous card. Two poor folk sit outside a church with five pentacles on its stained glass window. This is a card that predicts loss, financial loss, bad luck, a set-back in health. It is a difficult time, as all fives are. The poor folk feel embarrassed by their poverty, but they are too proud to ask for help, preferring to rely on each other rather than begging alms from the rich church.

This card relates as well to the Hierophant's emphasis on community and social norms. In some views of the card those out in the storm have chosen to be out there. The "church" disapproves of them or their relationships and rather than conform to traditional standards, they stay outside. Similar to the other fives, there is, once again, the issue of pride and humility.

The problem, "How can I survive this impoverished time without surrendering my pride?" The answer: "You have to reconsider your values."

While those in this card may have lost material things, even the respect of society, they still have each other. Such times teach us who our real friends are, who is honestly generous, and what really matters to us.

When times are good again, we will remember what we learned in these hard times and not be fooled by sham friendships or capricious social regard. We will know who and what we can really trust.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot---(LWB meanings)

Tarot card of the day: King of Swords.

"You come to me seeking justice and I offer my judgment impartially, for that is the course, set down by my regal forefathers and I shall uphold that duty to the best of my abilities."

Meanings from Aecletic tarot (a now defunct site)

King of Swords Tarot Card Meaning

As Motivation: Motivated to come up with ideas or argue points. Motivated to find solutions, solve problems or find better ways of doing things.

As an Adult Man: Call him "The Judge". His kingdom is the kingdom of high ideals. Loving, friendly, but distant, the one thing everyone says about this man is "He's Fair." Likely a lawyer, judge, musician, politician or architect, he is a patient, careful man, with very high ideals. Though he's objective and smart enough to see both sides of an argument, he has strong beliefs, which he expects his family and friends to follow.

Not that he isn't a good father; he can be kind, playful, a loving and faithful husband. He engages his children in stimulating dinner conversations, urging them to think for themselves, debate and research. But though he treats his wife and kids fairly, acknowledging when they are right, he does not put family first like the King of Cups. Ideals come first, and he can be unforgiving of the family member who is weaker or more "human" than he. If his own son or daughter committed a crime, he'd judge them the same as any other criminal, and sentence them the same as any other criminal.

Thus, his own fairness leaves his family feeling less than special to him and, at the same time, less able to make mistakes. This King has the most brilliant mind, one that, like a master chess player, can see many moves ahead, and take into account a dozen different factors and elements. This puts him above and sometime beyond his subjects. They may not always understand why he decides as he decides, but he does so with the highest ideals and best intent. Which is why he will not budge when it comes to upholding his decisions, not even for his nearest and dearest. Though he can be viewed as cold, distant, harsh, even cruel, he is, at his best, able to see very clearly how his judgments will affect everyone in the present and future. He is the one that everyone, even the other Kings, go to when they need someone to make the hardest and most far-reaching decisions.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:31 pm

7/14/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY (Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot)

3 of Swords

I tell you this in all good faith. Be aware of all around you and trust in the goodness that makes you unique, listen to your inner voice more clearly.

MEANING FROM AELCECTIC TAROT FORUM NOW DEFUNCT)

Ah, the dreaded Three of Swords. Three swords pierce a heart. Against the background of a storm, it bleeds. This card often relates to love-triangles, but remember this is an air sign, so what wounds the querent is not an action, but something said to them, or read by them. There is a strong possibility that a secret has finally come out.

A reader may wonder how this differs from The Tower, which is about a similar reveal. The Tower reveals that something you were passionate about is false, and that is most important. With the Tower, the querent had no idea, none at all, that what they thought was true was not true. They believed it heart and soul. With the Three of Swords, the querent usually senses that something is up even if they don't know what. A friend has been avoiding you, perhaps, or making strange excuses. Something is up, but no one will say what. It feels like everyone is keeping something secret from you. And you may even have your suspicions of what. The Three of Swords indicates that it's going to finally come out. It will be hurtful, the words sharp, piercing. "I don't like you," or, "I want to break up," or "I'm in love with your best friend" (ouch!).

But it will not be a bolt out of the blue. It may even be a relief to finally know. No more waiting,
obsessing, wondering, worrying about what could be wrong. This cutting truth, however bitter and painful, allows all that tension and uncertainty to finally drain out. The querent knows how things stand,
the truth about how they're seen by others. This development allows them to move on.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 pm

7/16/2018

GODDESS MESSAGES

HUCHI-FUCHI--Goddess of the Hearth
Fire, food, home

In Japan, Huchi-Fuchi is the goddess of the hearth. She was believed to be honored among the Ainu,
a hunter-gathering people indigenous to Japan. Huchi-Fuchi's nurturing fire is responsible for the creation of food and the warmth among of the home. Some consider the name of Mount Fuji to be derived from this goddess's name, suggesting the volcanic origins of this famously beautiful mountain. Mount Fuji has long been a site for religious pilgrims who yearn to encounter its sacred energy.

"Surround yourself with warmth by creating an environment that nurtures others."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

7/17/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

7 of CUPS--The choices we made with that first kiss, has filled our nights with infinite possibilities.
Yet, our dreams of returning to the light are but the wistful thinking of a fool.

(meanings from Aeclectic tarot forum now defunct)

A man sees seven cups floating on a cloud, each with something enticing rising out of it. This is the
"daydream" card. Cups are the suit of emotions, but also fantasies and illusions. It is card where our own
dreams and emotions make the situation difficult. Think of a girl who gets asked out by three different boys. Her strong emotions toward each keep her from saying yes or no; instead, she indulges in fantasies of how the dates might go, which not only puts off the decision, but makes it harder.

This is the Seven of Cups where you, the chooser, are given the challenge of getting past mixed emotions and self-deception. It predicts that the querent is or will be faced with choices that emotionally pull them in
several directions. Daydreams of what could be will further muddy the waters. Seven, as mentioned, is a
number of creativity, and cups are the suit of creative dreamers. Which makes the challenge of this Seven to rein in that abundance of creativity. To stop it from running wild.

Emotions, too, have to be reined in. The querent needs to concentrate on what they really feel, really want
and can realistically imagine getting from each of these choices. The choice must be made not hastily,
but soberly and maturely. And definitively.

Once again, the message is to stand fast. Don't let your emotions carry you off into fantasies and daydreams.
Stay in reality, focus on making a decision. This card can also indicate a person who is living in dreams,
preferring fantasy to reality, or someone lost in "their cups." Meaning using alcohol or drugs to escape
reality.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 pm

7/19/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

Ten of CUPS

Now that we are who we are, we give thanks and revel in the joy that extends beyond all things. We embrace the serenity within us all, we that are legion!

(From Aecletic tart site now defunct)

A family delights in a rainbow of cups. This card indicates that the querent has risen above petty emotions,
like anger or resentment, to mature emotions. Meaning that they are able to feel what others feel, and know how to respond to them and create an emotional connection. This, in turn, allows them to create the sort of family, friendships and neighborhoods we all dream of having. Ones that know how to offer emotional support, understanding and comfort.

Thus, the card predicts that the querent has the instincts, control and maturity to get out of emotional
difficulties and misunderstanding; they know how to restore emotional harmony between family members,
friends and neighbors. As advice, it urges the querent to be empathetic, also to smile, be kind, be warm,
be emotionally generous, and to trust their emotional wisdom.

It also predicts good times with those we love-reunions, holidays, special occasions. If any such are coming
up, the querent can be told that they'll go better than expected.

As for relationships, the querent can be told to remember the love that brought the them and their partner
together and ought to be holding them together still. Put aside the disagreements over money or work or
politics and delight in the rainbow.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:26 pm

7/20/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

King of SWORDS

You come to me seeking justice and I offer my judgment impartially. for that is the course, set down by my
regal forefathers and I shall uphold that duty to the best of my abilities!

(meanings from Aeclectic Tarot a defunct site)

As Motivation: Motivated to come up with ideas or argue points. Motivated to find solutions, solve problems
or find better ways of doing things.

As an Adult Man: Call him "The Judge". His kingdom is the kingdom of high ideals. Loving, friendly,
but distant, the one thing everyone says about this man is "He's Fair." Likely a lawyer, judge, musician,
politician or architect, he is a patient, careful man, with very high ideals. Though he's objective and smart
enough to see both sides of an argument, he has strong beliefs, which he expects his family and friends to
follow.

Not that he isn't a good father; he can be kind, playful, a loving and faithful husband. He engages his
children in stimulating dinner conversations, urging them to think for themselves, debate and research.
But though he treats his wife and kids fairly, acknowledging when they are right, he does not put family
first like the King of Cups. Ideals come first, and he can be unforgiving of the family member who is weaker
or more "human" than he. If his own son or daughter committed a crime, he'd judge them the same as any other criminal, and sentence them the same as any other criminal. Thus, his own fairness leaves his family feeling less than special to him and, at the same time, less able to make mistakes.

This King has the most brilliant mind, one that, like a master chess player, can see many moves ahead, and
take into account a dozen different factors and elements. This puts him above and sometime beyond his
subjects. They may not always understand why he decides as he decides, but he does so with the highest ideals and best intent. Which is why he will not budge when it comes to upholding his decisions, not even for his nearest and dearest.

Though he can be viewed as cold, distant, harsh, even cruel, he is, at his best, able to see very clearly
how his judgments will affect everyone in the present and future. He is the one that everyone, even the other Kings, go to when they need someone to make the hardest and most far-reaching decisions.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm

7/21/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

Knight of SWORDS

My strength is your strength and I shall always be by your side. Together we shall fly into battle and fight
the injustice that would dare to raise itself against us!

(meanings from Aeclectic Tarot a defunct site)

As Travel: Travel by air.

As Change and Movement: This is a card that indicates a time and environment of rapid changes. In the
positive, there are rapid thoughts; ideas fly, problems and challenges quickly appear and are quickly solved.
In the negative, there might be too much thinking. This is the most "Knight" of the Knights, meaning things
will feel restlessness, will change direction in a blink, or go from zero-to-sixty in a second. There will
be an inclination to argue. It could be frightening and worrying, but also mentally stimulating.

As a Teen or "Teen-like" Person: Too smart for his own good, the Knight of Swords is also too talkative.
He/she is the sort to get into a dozen flame wars on a dozen internet chat sites. This is the sort of
teen/teen-like person who will questions his teachers (bosses), likes to play devil's advocate, and argue
with his friends and family just for the sake of arguing.

Cool and logical, he can be very smart and amazing at problem-solving. This, however, can make him arrogant, cold, even cruel to those he views as not so bright. This sharp mind and sharp tongue can also lead him to spread gossip or nasty rumors just to see what will happen. He may be an internet troll or hacker and likely to cause serious trouble or get into serious trouble because of it. He fails to consider the consequences of his words, and can be uncaring about others feelings.

He is, however, a good Knight to have on your side, as he will find clever ways to win in battle. If there's
anything this knight will fight and die for, it is for freedom of information and speech.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:59 pm

7/23/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

FREYJA-goddess of beauty. (Love, beauty, art.)

The Norse goddess FREYJA presides over the living and the dead. As such, she she was responsible for the souls of half the warriors that perished in the battle, despite this grim duty, FREYJA was mainly honored as a goddess of beauty and love--forces more powerful than war and death--no doubt because of her exquisite beauty. Sometimes she rode thru the sky in her golden chariot drawn by two grey cats. At other times, she wore a falcon skin cloak, which enabled her to fly through the air like a bird. When compared to the pragmatic needs of life, beauty is something society often views as unnecessary. But it is a nurturing force that all humans need. How empty our lives would be without beauty! Beauty offers us a authentic experience of the divine that can shake us to our core. The story of the goddess FREYJA reminds us of its healing power.

"Acknowledge the power of beauty."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:15 pm

7/24/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

ANNAPURNA--Goddess of harvest. (nourishment, generosity, harvest.)

Many Hindu's believe that ANNAPURNA helped create food to nourish the world. Often honored at harvest festivals, this generous goddess is depicted in beautiful statues and paintings as sitting on a grand throne, offering food to a small child. As a avatar, or incarnation, of the mother goddess Durga, ANNAPURNA represents the bounty that the world seeks to offer us. Sometimes when a delectable meal is offered, we distrust the bounty spread before us; this meal can take the form of actual food or something else that nurtures our spirit. Instead of enjoying it, we put ourselves on a diet of self righteousness. The universe is eternally bountiful-- take advantage of what it offers you.

"A harvest awaits you, enjoy it."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:37 pm

7/25/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

ISAMBA--Goddess of the Night (The moon, death, cycles)

ISAMBA, a goddess of the Issansu people of Tanzania, was considered the personification of the moon at might. She was married to the sun god. When ISAMBA competed with her husband to discover which one of them was the wisest, she accidently became the creator of death. Since then, she has been associated with the cycle of life. The moon, with its predictable cycles of waxing and waning, has long been associated with the cycle of life and death. Our individual lives also go through cycles of waxing and waning, though they might not be as clearly delineated as those of the moon. If we understand that what is empty will eventually become full again, it becomes easier to accept that all is as should be in our lives.

"You are where you are meant to be cultivate acceptance."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm

7/26/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

ADITI--Mother Space (Creation, universe, nurturing.)

In India ADITI is honored as the creator of life. For it was ADITI who gave birth to the gods and goddess's;
they, in turn, brought everything into consciousness, thus creating what we consider reality. This benign
goddess is addressed as Mother Space, because she gave birth to the planets and the stars. Some associate
her with the endless sky; appropriately, her name translates as "limitless."
Her children, known collectively as the "Adityas", are connected with the twelve months of the year. the
also symbolize the twelve signs of the zodiac, who some believe control fate.

"Your thoughts create reality Be conscious of what you choose."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:16 pm

7/27/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

KUAN YIN--Mother of Mercy

KUAN YIN is one of the most beloved deities of China and is considered to act as a guardian angel to humans. She is said to personify "Karuna" the principle of boundless compassion and healing. All those honorifics describe KUAN YIN. Today this treasured goddess is widely worshipped by Taoist's and Buddhists. She is believed to heal those sick in heart and body. She pays special attention to mothers and children in distress, and even seafarers in storms.

"Become a channel of mercy"
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:32 pm

7/28/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

MAMA QUILLA--Mother Moon (Time, motherhood, marriage)

Besides being a goddess of marriage, MAMA QUILLA was a Incan moon divinity. Her name translates loosely as "Mother Moon". One story claims that this goddess was the mother of the sun god, Manco Capac, who is also considered the first Incan. Appropriately MAM QUILLA was associated with calendars, which document the passage of time delineated by the moon and sun.

"Just as the moon changes over time, so will your situation."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:08 pm

7/30/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

PERSEPHONE--THE MAIDEN (The seasons, sexuality, innocence.)

PERSEPHONE the treasured daughter of the harvest goddess DEMETER, was honored by the ancient Greeks as the queen of the underworld. She is also acknowledged as the "KORE" or the maiden aspect of the triple goddess. PEERSOPHONE'S transformational journey from maiden to Queen of the underworld was instigated when Pluto, god of death, kidnapped her. The girl's heart was unmoved by the god's declarations of devotion. Instead, she wept for her mother and refused to eat. Finally, after some time had passed, PERSEPHONE tasted six seeds of the pomegranate. This act defined the goddess's life, for it symbolized PERSEPHONE'S reluctant acceptance of her sexuality and of Pluto as her husband. It also ensured her separation from her mother, Demeter, for a month for each seed. This myth was used by the ancient Greeks to explain the separation of spring and winter.

"Find ways to use your innocence as a strength"
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:58 am

7/31/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

KISHIJOTEN--Goddess of protection (Protection, beauty and the arts.)

In Japan, KISHIJOTEN is acknowledged as a protector of children. Mothers ceremoniously invoke her to watch over their infants and keep misfortune at bay. She is also associated with the arts and beauty. Some believe KISHIJOTEN also protects Geishas, since these gifted women practice arts valued by her.

"Those you love most are divinely protected"
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:34 pm

8/1/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

BASTET--Goddess of Cats (Happiness, fertility, love)

In ancient Egypt, the cat was worshiped as the sacred animal of BASTET, the Egyptian goddess of happiness, love, pregnancy and birth. BASTET is usually depicted with the head of a cat and holding an ANKCH, a symbol of fertility and eternal life. Records from this period tell us that BASTET'S temples were homes to hundreds of cats, which were cared for by her followers. Because cats are incredibly fertile and affectionate, devoted mothers, BASTET was considered to have many of these same happy as her feline devotees. Their playful qualities allow them to find happiness in unexpected ways: a cloud of dust becomes a toy; a feather transforms into a mouse to bat about. They invite us to find joy in unexpected ways.

"Allow yourself to be as lighthearted as a cat."
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:07 pm

8/3/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

AMATERASU--Shining Heaven (expansion, light, reflection)

A benevolent solar goddess, AMETERASU is the supreme deity of Shintoism, a religion practiced primarily in Japan. Upon her birth, her parents were stunned by how brilliantly AMATERASU shined with light. They asked her to climb the celestial ladder to heaven and illuminate the world. A famous myth concern's AMATERASU'S anger with her brother, the storm god Susanoo. He was so noisy with his destruction that she chose to withdraw from the world. The goddess hid herself in a cave, thus plunging the world into darkness. But balance was restored when AMATERASU was lured out by laughter and entranced by her reflection in a mirror. To this day, shrines to AMATERASU use mirrors as symbols of her brilliance.

"You are meant to shine. Go out and into the world and reflect light."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MILDREN PAYNE'S (ADVICE FROM FENWOOD ASYLUM)

BEE, HAG, EAR

communicate your fear about something at work tat is affecting productivity, also listen and watch the situations around you while your at your work place.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:57 pm

8/4/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

Ace of Wands

"Be daring and brave, he seems to say. Let go the bonds that hold you back believe with all your heart in
the new self that is released."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MILDREN PAYNE'S (ADVICE FROM FENWOOD ASYLUM)

KEY PENTAGRAME AXE

keeping something safe, resolving a mystery, material gain, conflicts and disputes,
cutting something down or from your life.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm

8/6/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY

Knave of cups--"She offers the chance to taste and share the wondrous delights of a new beginning. Renew the
trust that your heart once held."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MILDRED PAYNES (ADVICE FROM FENWOOD ASYLUM)

PENTAGRAM, FISH, WHEEL

material gain thru good fortune (but be wary if it is seems to be suspiciously gained), progressing into ones destiny, coming full circle.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:43 pm

8/23/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

HERA-goddess of marriage (relationships, Dignity, Sovereignty)

Hera was honored as the goddess of marriage in Ancient Greece. As ruler of this sacred institution, she was
responsible for its protection. Her anger when the bonds of matrimony were not respected is perhaps as
legendary as her difficult, tempestuous relationship with her husband Zeus. Hera's wedding to Zeus was celebrated' in Boeotia with a ritual utilizing symbols of the god/goddess. A piece of wood carried to a shed in a cart drawn by oxen and set on fire. Oxen and trees were sacred to Hera and Zeus ruled over fire and lightening. In many ways this ancient ritual is tainted with traditional expectations of marriage. The male energy symbolizes by fire, devours the passive feminine. Happily, marital relationships have changed over time to reflect a more equitable relationship between husbands and wives.

"You can invite respectful relationships"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MILDRED PAYNE'S (ADVICE FROM FENWOOD ASYLUM)

SPIDER, FROG, TIME

A woman in a powerful position in your life is pressuring you or moving your timelines UP to cause some sort of change. Whether the change in in yourself or of some other factor is all dependent upon where it affects you right now the most. Work? Play? Home? Only you can tell where It is playing out because it is all happening in your "timestream." ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:04 pm

8/24/2018

TAROT CARD OF THE DAY (Anne Stokes Gothic Tarot)

7 OF WANDS

"To the battle that cannot be resolved we must stand resolute. If your convictions are strong, the victor
you must strive to be."

COIN, CAT, PIPE

Wealth, prosperity by using your intuition, and enjoy peaceful, tranquil outcomes.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:52 pm

9/4/2018

GODDESS ORACLE

THE MUSES--goddesses of Inspiration (arts, science, creativity)

Invoked by poets, artists, and musicians, these nine nymph like goddesses preside over the arts and sciences in the world of the ancient Greeks. The muses offered their supplicant the purest form if inspiration. Literally infusing spirit into creative works to animate them.

Though their parentage is uncertain, most stories hold that the Muses were the daughters of Mnemosyne, the goddess of memory, and Zeus. Originally their was only one Muse. Over time, they grew to number nine goddesses, suggesting a expansion of their powers. Each of the nine muses concerned herself with a area of art. The power of the muses still exist today, though mainly in our language. When we are amused, we are reminded of the charms wielded by these graceful goddesses.

"Look at art that inspires you."

EYE, BEE, STUMP

Honesty, bearing witness, communicating it at your work environment could cause a ending, or a resistance. .
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:58 pm

More advise from Mildred please!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

PreviousNext

Return to Around The Tarot Table