A new deck I'm gonna

All things tarot

A new deck I'm gonna

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:45 pm

borrow idea of! I know, I know its plagiarizing, but I WANT this deck! And there is no way I can get it.. no way at all...when it first came out it was almost 30 bucks and now looking it up on Ebay, jiminy it 50 bucks or more.. but... I figured since I don't do paid readings, just mainly for myself playing around and/or daily draws using index cards and doodling should hurt should it? maybe? Anyway, its all about "Mildred Payne" a young girl whose father put her in a institution in 1917 because she talked to her imaginary friends....then in 1927(28?) a couple of workers found a gown in a closet with the name Mildred inside the neck line... as they were looking it over trying to find more info the patient this was for they found a hidden pocket; inside the hidden pocket was a small, rough, hand made oracle deck.... sometime later more info is found and a map which leads them to her doll "Claire" looking at the doll & letter over they get the impression that they should do surgery on "Claire" where there is found another, smaller, batch of cards and a map to a small coffin under the hangman's tree out in the Sanitariums old graveyard. When they open the small grave and the small coffin the find it full of red roses and a letter and some MORE small cards. (67 total!) :lol: The back story the artist did on this deck is just amazing and funny as all get out! The back of these mini cards make a big picture and the 2nd batch of 15 card makes a mini Ouija board so if you so choose to (or dare to) you could ask "Mildred" yourself! :lol: I have spent all morning watching this ladies youtube reviews of this deck as she did some small spontaneous readings as she went thru it all doing amazing quick readings. I so love this deck! No one would ever know, but I had to tell someone about this deck and you guys opinion on it are all that matters to me when it comes to this sorta stuff. No one other than you guys will ever know If I did choose to make it... :o ;) I did the same thing sorta, with my first lenormand deck. I cut stuff out of national geographic mags then taped them to reg playing cards. Anyway just had to tell someone about this deck! off to rewatch youtube till hubby gets back from town.....
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: A new deck I'm gonna

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Sounds pretty interesting. I will have to look up Mildred Payne.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Okay, I just had a look, it is too bad that you can't see all the cards, because I could reproduce that no problem. I like them, their kind of spooky.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:32 pm

there is a review from a lady that she shows every card and reads off every definition that was in the little map like booklet. Basically the main words but still. If you wish I will copy her addie for her blog for you? I am def going to make these.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Yes Please! send me the address.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:45 am

Now I have to look her up! Whats the name of the deck??? is it just on E Bay???
Elia

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:49 am

Oh my Lord she's spooky!!! The one site sells them for $28.00 (that's the Oracle)
Elia

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 am

Ill be watching some U Tube now, dang you MM You know I cant resist a exciting deck!!!
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:11 pm

I cant help myself~ "Hello my name is MM a tarot/oracle addict! Here shuffle a deck any deck......" hahahahaa I'm so sorry but isn't it the coolest, oddest little deck? I think the most of it is because of all the backstory...." and evidently it reads fantastically straight out of the box even for newbies. I have gotten together 20 index cards making hubby go to town and by me some more of course they are to write up some of his mothers recipes dont'cha know... ;)

here's the blog that will show each of the cards: (if I did it wrong holler at me!)

fennario.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/mildred-paynes-secret-pocket-oracle/
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Yea, that's a bad link Baby.

So are you going to buy the deck, or make one??
Im going to buy it, im just waiting till next month. Im all out of money :lol:
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm going to have to make it. Hubby would have a fit not just for spending that much on the credit card
(that he is trying to pay off and I keep derailing :mrgreen: ) but also because its another tarot type deck...
he lumps oracles and all other divination goodies together with tarot. But weirdly enough he does believe in water witching! What the h#**? :cry: pouts :lol:

I have already cut the index cards into 69 pieces, going to spend this afternoon putting names on them and the basic outlines of the pics then will color them in at leisure.
(And then one day this week will write down that ladies keywords she rattles off as well on the back)
My main "BLAH" about doing it this way? It wont have that great "color tone " to the cards. These index cards are blindingly, fish belly, SNOW white! :shock: (need a gagging emoticon) :lol: but they will still be doable, I mean readable! ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Tea bag them, it will give them an old look. you will have to press them under something heavy or they will wrinkle. I was thinking a heavy weight watercolor paper would be stronger than card. Or you could glue your cards to playing cards to stiffen them.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:13 pm

OK what the hell is Water Witching :? ive never herd of that :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I buy those manila tags (I used them to make book marks) if you PM me your address ill send you a bunch I have a rather large box full they would be great stock for something like that, I use the Tim Holtz ink and all of them are still doing fine. as a matter of fact I could make a deck with them and use my ink to color them, but id rather spent the $28 dollars cuz im lazy. :lol: :lol:

If you need 96 or ever how many ill send them to you, they really would be good for that project.

Do you think she's spooky, cuz I do. I want to put the puzzle together from the back of the cards, I love puzzles.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Water Witching is divination using a small tree branch instead of a pendulum to find water on a piece of property. That's ok in his book, but my little pieces of flimsy cardboard are not. hahahahahahaa shakes head sighs he has lived a very sheltered life... LOL and I will definitely by PM'ing you.. I tried doing it with the index cards got all 69 done but they are not working out as well on this as they did my first lenormand deck, not by a long shot! (of course the cat did not help at all!) I even already have a small coffin made I can use for their box. I had made it originally for "Rosie" that small doll I was using as a "Fetch"... its about hmmm 6 to 7" long? all I have left to do is finishing the stiches on the top. And put some type of hinges on one side.

The index cards wound up being roughly 3" by 3 and a half? real buggers trying to shuffle even doing the side shuffle they stick together so BADLY! But they do seem like they will read great. And she does look really scary~ Her eyes!!!!! shivers... :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Water Witching is quite popular here with the Doukabours. There is a man that will come to your property and find water for you. He is always right. You can use hazel wood to make the fork. You hold the two long ends and point the short end towards the ground. Somehow he feels the stick pulling him to the water.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Exactly Ouroborous! I have heard folks talk about using this technique to also check for power gas lines etc under ground on their property but I wouldn't necessarily trust anyone's safety to that. call the companies before ya dig is all I am saying. snickers.... water is one thing but, much else? shakes head. I have also read about someone using it to find graves in a old run down shambled graveyard. They had even figured out how to tell if the grave was male or female. Now that would be pretty awesome......(if I could still walk one would def being doing this!) I know of a couple that need some tender loving care and some dowsing done on them they are so old and untended. would be one more thing to add to my door sign... ;)
(really freak visitors out!) :o :lol:

(I. e. used the "Mildred Payne" cards today for the kid on Misticwicks and ACCURATE!) described him to a T) they might just be the roughed up 1st draft but....very accurate though I didn't tell him that part but...... :roll: ;)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:47 pm

I had a look at the Mildred Payne cards on youtube yesterday, I wrote down the images, in order but apparently there is another completer card set you have to buy. I think there is a bit of marketing going on.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Ive herd of that but we call it divining for water, my grandpa did it on his land. id never herd it called water witching :lol:

These are tag type cards you may need to cut them the size you want, ill get them out to you as soon as I get a post box to put them in, no need to send postage Honey I don't mind at all!
Maybe some day you will sew me a poppet or something :D

You all let me know which deck to get.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Tags are a nice buff color, they would work well.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm

I found out this morning that the 'Séance" deck has all the cards, although not sure if it has the free ones the shovel and harp, and the fact that it is glow in the dark blue is slightly offsetting if one is really wanting the blood stains! ;) but it has all the cards! But... hahahahaa I guess it just depends on how much you desire one or the other I suppose. hmmm I think if it is no trouble maybe opening a thread for
"Mildred Payne" cards practice? It would be kinda neat to see how well the cards play out. Oh I have gotta make a "Mildred" doll now! :o :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:38 pm

I have all the cards from No. 1 to No.52 and a few from the secret edition ( again just marketing) written down. I can't get a good enough look at the 2nd set.
I have large tags 3 and 3/4 inch by 1 and 7/8ths so with the top hole cut off roughly 2 x 3 inches. I have a box of 100 tags. Lots to play with. Don't really need the drawing on the back, if you wanted it, you would have to do the drawing on a large piece of paper then cut it up for your cards. That would be quite a surface area to draw on before starting. Who is good at maths?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:55 pm

I cant do math anymore, my calculator broke :lol: When they decided to put letters in Math they lost me :shock:

You all will have to post pictures on FB or Message them to me on FB.
Im just going to buy the deck ;)
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Buying the deck seems like the most sensible thing to do. However, I'm cheap and I have all the stuff to make a creepy little set of cards. Winters coming! I'll have lots of time then. Make a creepy little coffin to keep them in too.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:15 pm

I did find info that the 'SEANCE" deck has all of the cards supposedly? And it was like $32., or $33. now I am not sure if it has the Shovel or the Harp cards but they talk like those are free once you buy the deck and message them or something like that. the actual REAL size of the cards are 2.50" by 1.75" I think it said. I have a old deck of regular playing cards my son left here from one of the gambling places that had punched a hole in the center that I held these little index cards up to and they would fit perfect.... and like I said I (somewhere) have a cool laminating machine and/or packing tape like I did before. they are pretty feisty cool little cards! There are some good youtube videos of folks using them not many but the ones I have caught were very interesting....
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 pm

I watched one youtube video where the lady shows every card and what the meaning for it was. So that is helpful. She also tried to see what the back picture was, but no luck doing it. To do the picture on the back, you first would do the picture on a large piece of paper and then cut it up. Too hard to do after cutting up the cards, so you would have to know what the entire square measurements would be.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Next

Return to Around The Tarot Table