[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - A new deck I'm gonna

A new deck I'm gonna

All things tarot

Re: A new deck I'm gonna

Postby Madame Marigold » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm honestly not too worried about the backs the big pic of the big deck was all sorts of drawing very ohh who is the one artist that the drawings look like he is jacked up on LSD? (crazy stuff like mommys dead behind the shed or her nipples had eyes etc eeeekk) :lol: I cant think of his name, but the small batch, the 15 newer cards their back makes a mini Ouija board but we all know how to make that one so I hadn't really figured I would be making much out of the backs. I dug out my plastic canvas coffin and looking at what I need to do to finish it.. it will be a little bit big I think! It should hold BOTH decks the new one I will make out of the tags and this little index card one I have already done up. Now to finish it off. :roll:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:46 pm

So which deck has it all??? Mmmmm ill have to investigate.
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Wow! Sounds like you have been very busy MM. How long did it take you to do the index card deck?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:06 pm

hmm a couple of hours one afternoon? for the pics; I had already cut the index cards the day before. That only took me a few moments to do. Now, they are still not colored yet, I am going to go ahead and color them and keep them though the tags are going to be made into my TRUE "Mildred" deck. :mrgreen: ;)
(only reason keeping index card one is cause of a deck interview I did with them...) :(

They seemed to KNOW they were going to be replaced by the newer set! I know it sounds crazy but when you got all day alone to play and ask questions of little bits of cards it is amazing what you can get! I know I know sounds like my bat has left its belfry but I swear..... they really felt that they would have no further purpose it seemed. It was kinda sad! :oops: :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:10 pm

Yesterday, I started my deck, I though I would just do 5 cards at a time, but now I'm up to 34. I'm just cutting my tags to 3 inches. Then penciling in the card number, name and my idea of the drawing, all done lightly so I can erase the pencil later or change it when I go to youtube and write the meanings down later.
MM, the only reason the index may not be good , for me anyway, is that they are lined or too white. The Tags are a nicer, more aged color, after I get the cards penciled in, I'm going to use sepia colored paint to spatter the cards and also darken the edges.
This is going to take a while!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:31 pm

I just couldn't help it! They seemed so "set" that they would be abandoned once I got the "better" set done. They I guess don't realize that this is all I really do all day is play around with cards and yarn and... ;) :lol:
(Now I'm feeling sorry for abandoned dragon eggs! So off to the ER nursery to give "Clicks" to, to try and save some) :oops: :roll:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Yesterday I got as far as 28 cards, I have them drawn and inked in. This is going to take a lot longer than I thought. I'm okay drawing the objects, but I take a lot longer with the faces. I'm trying to keep my drawing style consistent and it is a bit different to Mildred's. Some of my cards are pretty creepy, the Devil and the Boy and Girl with their blank eyes. :shock: Creepy!
Once I have all the cards drawn and inked, I will start coloring. Not sure if it will be with watercolor paint or use the watercolor pencils and then blend with water. I don't think the card stock will take a lot of water. They will have to be sprayed down then pressed under a book or something.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:01 pm

I have the tags cut out (I did them 2 and a half by 3?) going to start the numbering and lettering this afternoon. I have pens, colored pencils and highlighters I had gotten to illustrate 3 bibles for the family that I will probably be using on these. I stayed as close to the artwork the used on Mildred's cards as well! not perfect but good enough to read them with I think.... :roll: :lol: I have never done watercolors its always been oil or acrylics. I probably need to expand and try them....
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 pm

I love the Tim Holtz ink that is on the pads and you use a pad thingy it color the tags, just beautiful when you use several colors, and the old paper look!!

You Girls have fun with that, my leg just wont let me sit and stand that long to do a project. :(
Madam O if you would send me a pic on messenger so I can get a visual I may try later.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm working slowly on the new deck, trying to not rush it... I have more trouble using my hands writing or drawing now a days so going slower this time around! And you ought to get the "séance" pack Elia, it has them all. It is a awesome powerful little oracle. It is fun.... ;)

(Also would either of you like to be godparents to a dragon or 2? If you click on my babies to help them grow I swear I will utilize part of you guys names into theirs as I try to name them!) I am now up to 12! Shoot what am I saying was probably going to anyway... :oops: :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm

I finished the Secret Edition last night, the little suckers are addictive, "I must do more.." Those only went from 53 to 67 so it went quick. Best card it this edition is 66 Antidote, love it. Goes with the poison card.

Sorry, no Dragons please.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:06 pm

:lol: you don't want me to name on of my dragons after you? :cry: I thought it would be cute, especially of it was on of my big, mystical magical breeds.... of course I don't know what gender the majority of them are yet but..,. :mrgreen: oh well, (I probably will still borrow parts of you guys names) whispering... :lol:

I like the antidote card it is fitting in some of the 3 card readings I have done that is has come up in. Have to admit the extra cards really do add to the vocabulary a bunch don't they?
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:13 am

Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:56 pm

I am glad you like him! He grew up to adulthood today (He is a BIG pretty boy now!) hmmm how to incorporate "Elia" into a male name??? ;) I have a slew of males! I will only have 2 girls but when the eggs hatch hopefully it will balance out. I remember it being on Magika!! I thought I was imagining since it has been so long but evidently I had joined it back in 2006? But never knew what to do so if I did do anything? I don't remember and did not remember my name on there then so.... ehhh and enjoying the daylights out of it now! Being given babies right and left! :o it has been a lot of fun. Its like having a herd back that I don't have to go try and walk around them... :lol: But will be back to working on Mildred after hubby goes back to work on Monday.... :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:14 pm

All my cards fit into an Altoid tin, crazy awesome!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:33 pm

The tin is painted Dark Blue, I attached a place card with silver stars on it, with silver Star brads. It says "Oracle of Payne". I lined the inside with Red Japanese paper.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Honey that sounds divine, ill bet it will be gorgeous when your all done, well done you!!!
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Oh it does sound amazing! Sounds perfect~ I have been able to fit both of the "Mildred Payne" decks into my plastic canvas coffin but it is way bigger than a altoid tin! IT sounds a lot better~ hmm I got a extra empty one.... just maybe.. ;) :lol: (snitching idea)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Well I made a box and a clipboard with little Mildred on them, a funny thing happened :? I had printed her picture out on regular picture paper, this was yesterday, and today it's still not dry, and it's like oozing together, very strange, I printed my Daughter a picture of Mom and her brother just a min. before and it dried in just a few seconds...... :shock: maybe Mildred didn't want her picture printed. :shock:

Ill bet your coffin is cute as can be. Wish I could draw!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:12 am

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:14 am

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 pm

I love my box, I put some decorations on it last night, these pictures still aren't dry :shock: the weirdest thing ive ever saw. (read the story in my blog)

I cant wait to get my deck, maybe when I do and I can look at the pictures ill try to draw a few, I used to draw when I was young but I just don't now.

Ya all, seriously what would you do with these pictures, I don't want Mildred pissed off any more than is necessary. She seems pretty ticked off at Bec. or Bec has ticked something else off :shock: :? I may have to go over there and cleanse the apartment for her. Last time I offered she declined and said the spirits could stay. We will see how bad it gets.

Becky and Emmy want a Mildred deck :shock:
Elia

PreviousNext

Return to Around The Tarot Table