Midlred Paynes deck new extension pack!

All things tarot

Re: Midlred Paynes deck new extension pack!

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:36 am

Did it have creepy photos on it?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Elia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

It had pictures of Mildred on it :lol: I’ll not tell her you said creepy, that what seemed to get Bec in trouble!

I got the bone, feather, Owl, Diamond, hat, Herb, shell, Comet, Shield, Scourge, mushroom, Rope, Book, wish, and Dragon
They came in a small black envelope with a really pretty silver M on the front and the paper with the meanings.

Funny thing, I went to open the cigar box it fell on my finger and the sharp pin thing that keeps it shut, poked my finger
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Ouch! Time to baby proof all our Mildred stuff! I have not started to paint my new box yet. I just wish it was the tiniest smidge bigger. Taking the cards in and out is going to fray the edges, and I can't cut down my cards because they are what they are and would look funny if there was no edge border. I might just have to get a bigger box, I know there is a solution out there somewhere. How are you ladies going to store your cards?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Mine are in my Mildred box, the ones you sent are separate in the little white envelope, then the new ones are in the black envelope, and the deck is in the box it came in, in a red velvet drawstring pouch
I have the meanings just laying with the decks.

Yes be careful with Mildred she seems a bit sensitive. Shhhhh don’t mention Becky around the cards :?
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:17 am

Piss me off! <i;dred, f u ! I will wait till you are not interfereing!
\!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 am

Look what Mildred did!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:29 pm

I love Mildred's attitude! I need to unleash her on a few folks~ ;) I got a nice gold tin with a Lord of the Rings holographic type deck (that I don't dare use it almost triggers my seizures! I think it might be awesome to hold Mildred's deck. Right now I have them in a empty altoid can. Only like 2 cards need done that I am having trouble with. The dove and the dragon. My attempts have been yucky... so going to redo again this week after done with doc tomorrow. Did you see the pic of Milly from 1933? That would be cool to use one from youth on one side the other on opposite side maybe? Will soon see. (Now try to figure out printer!) banging head on desk.... :oops: :shock: :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

It was the Dragon and the Comet that I had trouble with, finally the Dragon was good enough and I did two Comet cards, both of which are in the deck. So two calamity cards.
I like the sound of your Lord of the Rings box, it would be a shame to cover the Hologram, but if it bothers you, I would cover it up with some pretty Japanese paper.
Maybe use Mildred's Comet card to bring down disaster on the hospital. At least the billing dept.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 am

:lol: that’s a good idea.
I wish I had a few small cigar boxes, and my room cleared I’d make you both a Mildred box! I’m out of a lot of art things, especially the stash paper I work with. :cry: no use in ordering any since I don’t make anything now :cry:

I’ll get back at it
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Yes, you will get back into crafting, it is in the blood. Did your cards arrive yet?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 am

Oh yes I got my cards, they are cute, but the back of the cards have a different image, so mixing them you would notice.
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:39 pm

I have all mine done but 2 that are giving me trouble.. the dove and the dragon! Also got the packing tape so hope to start sealing then sometime next week. My problem is just getting moving on them! Be glad when all these doc appts are done think that would help. :? :D
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Sending you the energy to get those cards finished! I just could not stop myself until I had them all done. I always draw the cards in pencil, then ink, then paint. Sometimes, the cards turn out a little differently and that is called artistic licence. You can only do it your way, that is what makes it personal.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:40 pm

I think your handmade cards are even better, you know I’d be willing to bet you could create your own set!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 pm

I do have some ideas for adding my own cards, I have them written down somewhere, in my Mildred meaning book, one day!
I am hoping that Mildred does not come up with anymore releases, the deck is getting too large.
I love my little deck!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I finally saw them, they are beautiful, I think I’d rather have the handmade.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm glad you like them. They freak out my Sister in Law, she had one Tarot reading in her life, she was told something bad was going to happen, her Son got into a bad car accident with his friend , now she will not have anything to do with them. She was the one that let her Son drive her hot sports car, maybe if she had listened to the cards she would not have made that mistake. The cards did not cause the accident. She also let her newly licenced daughter drive her mustang, who then lent it to her girl friend, who totaled the car. She is a nut job who does not think about the consequences of her actions.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:42 pm

:shock: :shock: wow no the cards warned her, people just don’t really get it. I didn’t know anything about Witchcraft until I started to study it, something just clicked with me, now it’s just who I am, every decision or anything I do is always connected to my belief system.

Becky is scared shitless of Milly :lol: it is a little funny, but it does seem like Mildred doesn’t like her at all. Well meaning as Becky was wanting those pictures of her, didn’t seem to matter to Mildred.
I do love the ones you drew, you really shine with your art work!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:58 pm

Well thanks Elia, I really enjoyed making the cards, and they really are quite simple in their design. I just chose to add color. I do a lot a practice too, so I really don't put a lot of thought into things, I just go with the flow! Mistakes sometimes make things special so I try not to be critical with myself, except with the comet card and now I have two forms of calamity. I cant bear to throw one away.
Maybe Mildred thought Becky did'nt like her cards, now she is out to spook her. I don't know, Write Mildred a sorry letter, then burn it!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:49 am

Well see, at first Becky just went wild for the little cards, and wanted me to get her a deck, but then she wanted me to print off the pictures of Mildred, so I did, only the pictures wouldn’t dry, and kept morphing and getting creepier and creepier, then all this bad stuff starts happening to Becky, I means she really got banged up for a good week ( including the car wreck) so we eventually burned the pictures of Mildred, and did our we’re sorrys, and now Becky won’t even let you say her name. Bless her heart I’d told her she didn’t need the pictures, but she wouldn’t listen to me.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Yes, I can do without seeing Miss M's photos. Still love my cards. But I hope she does not come up with too many more, that is just marketing by the card manufacturers.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:28 am

I print pictures all the time on photo paper, that’s the only time I’ve seen that happen, they really got wicked and buy the time I burned them (weeks later) they still had not dried :shock: so wired, and has not happened since.

Yea they have enough Mildred cards, ya kinda think now, well now you’re just making them up, it’s always a gimmick and about the money!

I’m telling you two Ladies you both need to create your own deck, they would be phenomenal :D
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Well of course it is all marketing, create a back story about a girl sent to an asylum, and off you go. It got all of us interested, me because of the simplicity, like hey, I could do that. and so we did! As long as I do not say that I created them, or sell them, I am not breaking any copyright rules.
It would be quite the project to create and draw an entire new Oracle Deck. Then sell it to Devient Art works or whomever markets the cards.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:31 am

A-ha Just make one simple for yourself, not saying I wouldn’t want to have a famous rich friend :D but if I could create like you, I’d make myself a special deck, specific just for my needs. You think on that, I know you could do it, and I know it would be wonderful, you have such a talent, I loved all those little cards, so freaking cool!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am

I do have some ideas for a few extra cards but only 6 or 7 of them. If I do them I'll send you a set, I still have the template for your cards. I just would not be able to number them until I knew there were no more Mildreds
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

PreviousNext

Return to Around The Tarot Table