[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Tarot vs Oracle

Tarot vs Oracle

All things tarot

Tarot vs Oracle

Postby Elia » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:14 pm

The difference between Oracle cards and Tarot
Oracle cards can give affirmations, and are usually focused on positive messages. They cant be read like Tarot, the meanings will be different for each deck, and you find yourself looking up the meanings in the book (they’re not set) They are intended to be uplifting. These cards can be one-sided and they can neglect to show the downside of a situation.

Tarot cards are about introspection and life paths. They demand that you analyze and know yourself, especially the negative aspects. A Tarot reader can tell you about your situation using the cards and give you an insight to some motives at play. But Its is not a precise art. Tarot cards do not necessarily predict the future, but they can show how you may interact with your situation, provided that you do not change your current actions. Because we all have freewill, we have the option and ability to change whatever the cards show.

Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: Tarot vs Oracle

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 pm

I went thru a spell where I was giving reading on 3 different sites, I had a basket FULL of decks both tarot and oracle over 100 of them! Till hubby got kind of???? Anyway I don't know, but he requested the decks leave. So in light of 34 years of marriage compromise was made. The cards left
(he just doesn't know of the ones I've been replacing them with! ;) ) still they are not the same.

I could read ok with the tarot decks but they are much deeper and could be more intense but I seemed to do just as good with the oracles which I preferred.
But I go by a lot of imagery though. Sometimes just looking at the card would give me the message not the definition of it. Also, really like going back to the old school Cartomancy & Lenormand..

I now have 4? tarot decks, 2 Lenormand, and 6 card decks (specifically for readings)
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:34 pm

I have a cabinet full, but I use the Lenromand most, I just love that deck.
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Wow! I only have one. The Thoth Deck. and I hardly ever read them anymore. My seamstress has an oracle deck on her front desk and I pick one while I'm waiting. The seem to be of an uplifting nature, I like them, sort of a "thought for the day" kind of thing. I think the next time I'm at my witchy store, I'll look at some of their decks. I think there is a Unicorn one that I quite liked.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:17 pm

OMGz Honey I know I have over fifty decks, I thought everybody did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have all of Ciro's

Another one I just love is shadowscapes By Pauline (something) go to amazon and look at tarot decks.

this cabinet is full and I have a bunch up here. I just cant stop at one. Their is a Tarot catalog too
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:35 pm

OMG! I just saw this pic. That cabinet is pretty big. Now I know what your secret vice is.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to Around The Tarot Table