A really cool Tarot spread

All things tarot

A really cool Tarot spread

Postby Elia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Pinpointed by Mary K Greer as the earliest recorded Tarot spread

It is preformed with 2 people, one given the twenty two Major Arcana cards and the other given the fifty six Minor Arcana

Both people shuffle their cards and the Minor Arcana person (person #1) lays down his cards face up, counting from Ace to 10 and then Page to King. If, when he counts a number (for example 7) the card he turns up is the same number, it is laid aside.

While this is happening, the Major Arcana person (person #2) lays down one of their cards face down every time person #1 counts a card. The card that person #2 lays down when person #1 gets a match is paired with that matched Minor Arcana and laid aside.

Greer has this process continuing until person #1 runs out of Minor Arcana cards to count, person #1 should run through all their Minors Arcana cards three times over, reshuffling the discarded pile each time.

The result is a pair of Minor-Major cards, which should be read together.

These pairs could be interpreted with the Major Arcana as the main event, and the Minor Arcana as the after-effect; more likely you will see how the pairs are formed and find a pattern yourself with each new reading.

This can be done with one person, but go slow so as not to lose count.

In particular focus on how the Minor and Major in each pair relate to each other-- are they different emanations of the same energy? Ask yourself why a particular Minor and Major are together, and try to view them as a whole rather than individual cards.

My Daughter and I did this spread and it was amazing
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Re: A really cool Tarot spread

Postby SilverMoonTiger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:55 pm

I like the sound of this. Will have to give it a go.
SilverMoonTiger
Site Admin

Re: A really cool Tarot spread

Postby Elia » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Bekah and I did it and it was so much fun, (more fun with two people) but if you're good at counting you will be amazed.
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Return to Around The Tarot Table