[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Hex yeah

Hex yeah

All things arty crafty. Ideas and tips as well as advice. Post your makes for us all to see.

Hex yeah

Postby patrah » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:53 am

Hey y'all, I got 8 hex yeah little buttons....
Someone just tell me where I am mailing them....
BB
patrah
Dark Beauty

Re: Hex yeah

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm in Patrah! PM ing my address.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby patrah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:46 am

Ok ouroboros...
They are very small but cool....
If I send them to you would you send to Elia and whoever else?
Just take one or two and pass them along?
Or what?
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby patrah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:49 am

Ok cool so I will send 4 to each Elia and ouroboros...
Unless I get another person....
There are more at the Boston tea room....
I still want to get a button making kit and make larger ones or someone make them...well we can start here and go from there....
I will get on it Tuesday....
I believe the post office is closed Monday...
BB
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Can I have one? If its to late that's ok...but they really sound awesome! (((hugs)))
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:44 pm

I like small, they are more subliminal, people kind of go "what was that?" I don't mind passing some along, just give me instructions.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Ok I got three, ouroboros, Elia V and Madame Marigold....
I can send em to one, and that one send to the next and next to the next....
I will get one more will make 9 so each can have 3 to distribute if you know anyone else....
So if that will suffice then who am I sending to....
If not then it will be a little more tedious....
But I can do...
Still dealing with friend issue...
But going to taper off....
Going over to hell no about that....
I got an issue here which has to be coincidental....
I feel protected anyway....
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:43 pm

I PMed you my address
Elia

Postby patrah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Yes I know as did ouroboros....
If I send 9 to you will you keep 3 and mail 6 to either ouroboros or three to her and 3 to marigold?
I will do all three but that would have to wait for me to mail all three.....
So I can send all to one witch, and that witch could send 6 to next witch, then next witch can take 3 and coward 3 to next witch....
Will that work for you?... If not I will do all 3 in a few days...
It would really help the way I said though...
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes Sweetheart ill do that. Just need addresses, (sent by PM)
Elia

Postby patrah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:31 pm

I have got to get Madame marigolds....
Thank you dearest....
BB
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Just remember I'm in Canada, so mine will be going through customs.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:52 am

What? Customs may confiscate the hex yeah?
Lol...
What do they confiscate buttons?
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:22 pm

:lol: I bet they try to confiscate anything that looks interesting to them.. I think all post office folks do that... but I may be biased (a lot of my boxes have been opened or tried to be by time I get them) :roll: Ouriborus has my home address but will also just put it here for anyone just in case:
I'm hoping within next month or 2 I will have goodies to send to folks! (no one wants my home made stuff around here anymore) :lol:

I wrote it down and then erased it, we don't want personal info out in the open (always use PM system) so if patrah sends them to me ill get yours to you. Elia
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:31 am

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:38 am

??? Feathers
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm talking about my painted feathers, they are Canada goose feathers, they are protected, However I have sterilized them so they are free from bugs etc. and they will be varnished.
No transmitted germs! I will probably list them as art work on the declaration form.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Smart :D
Elia

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:30 pm

I did not even think about that when I posted addie, I'm sorry! oops? snickers hubby says I'm not situationally aware sometimes.... eghhh when ya see a stranger you will get a vibe and know whether to hug them or have your gun drawn up.... LOL (maybe that's why folks don't bother me down here?) hmmmm :lol: I never thought about how to sterilize feathers and or varnish them!

I have some of my African greys of course (but they be small compared to what your talking about!) and I also have a few owl feathers that I have found on the property over the years and a few other teeny birds.... I wonder if there is enough to make a smudge fan? hmmm do any of you need some African grey feathers? let me know! I keep planning on making a dream catcher but have yet to do it.
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:38 am

I sterilized the feathers by freezing them for a couple of weeks, then I sprayed them with varnish, that stiffens them up a bit and holds them together, you have to paint them in thin layers and them when they are finished I will spray them with another layer of varnish.
Yes, you will be able to use your parrot feathers for a fan, you can mix other feathers in with them. I mixed in some of the thin feathers from a peacock, not the eyes, just the skinny ones from the shaft of the feather, they are nice and irridescent,
It helps to stick the feathers into a ball of clay or plasticene, get the shape you want, then glue gun the shafts together.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Awesome! I have like I said the owl feathers but also blue jay, crows and a few odd ball feathers found out in the pasture not sure what bird they are from but If I gather them all up I bet this could would work! But now the hard part... choosing to put them together into a dream catcher or a smudge fan! :lol: hmm will have to see if there is enough to split into 2 piles... :mrgreen: :roll:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Do both!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Madame marigold, are your greys talkers?
I have heard they are probably the most fluent talkers of all...
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:01 pm

The sister AG that has passed was the best talker.. Yar, (now 16) the brother that I still have he talks but not as much or as clear as she did. But these guys are not like normal AG's... I was working at a call center when I was placing this one woman's order I could hear her birds in the back and after we got to talking she was telling me of a pair of siblings just out of the egg that she was going to have to put down cause they were ?? malformed? (evidently mom and dad were sibs) so they arnt completely normal. He does say his name, and "whatcha doin" calls the cats in so he can attack their ears, "4" (? don't know what that's about) "got water" which usually means its getting empty or the paper in front of the spout on his bottle needs changed cause he has pooped on it..."I sorry" (don't know when or why that started) "Hi guy" "mwaa mwa mwaa" faking kisses... he laughs like me ( I did not know I cackled) he calls into the living room with different whistles for me to mimic back, and he mumbles... Im not sure what all he is saying but he is def mumbling.

Now his sister? she would catch our daughter home alone in the shower and then eerily call her name after she got out or wolf whistle, then I caught her saying; "be right back, gotta go poddy" that's when I moved my computer out of their room into living room! LOL he is not as managable? (is that a word?) as the sister was I have to use a towel if I want to try and hold him and he has a tendency to bite at me and anymore my hands have gotten so tender he has not been out in awhile but I make sure to pet on him or try to every time I open his cage which is at least 3 to 4 times a day and also to talk to him for a while.

I need to clean that room out more so I can move a chair in there so I can sit with him a bit more. hmmmmm I originally had 16 parrots and also many other critters doing a small recue type deal but when we moved here 12 yrs ago I had 7 now down to the 1! (I think he is happier) :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby patrah » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 am

I am happy you have him...
I had a bunch of animals too...
Well kinda still do....
4 cats, 4 dogs....
I once had 7 cats, 2 dogs, 7 turtles ( the two babies were stolen from my back yard while i was at the hospital visiting my mom after her stroke...
They tried to steal the larger ones, but the larger ones started swimming toward them evidentially as they did me when they were hungry...that looks quite menacing when you do not know the turtles), and two love birds....
By and by the passed on....
The
At is when they break your heart...
No matter how many you have, each is special....I have heard the
At pocket parrots which look a lot like lovebirds, talk a good deal too...
I often think about turtles and birds...
But turtles they say should not be captive....
I so enjoyed them though....
When I had just the one turtle and two cats, the turtle and cat would watch television...
Turtles have amazing eyesight, as do most prey....
And they are slow so they have got to see well....
I love all the creatures...
My cousin used to call me Ellie may....
Oh and I am happy you took on the closely related birds....
They do not sound anything but normal to me....
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Next

Return to The Crafty Witch