[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - making oils

making oils

All things arty crafty. Ideas and tips as well as advice. Post your makes for us all to see.

making oils

Postby Madame Marigold » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Well, I already mentioned that I had 2 bottle of each Cedar and Pine oil started, now today I added to that a jar of "Mandarin Orange" oil! Now hopefully by next payday I can then start ordering the essential oils that I cant make myself so soon hopefully soon will be able to make perfume or specialty oils! Will only be a able to get a few essential oils at a time but still.... fun, fun!

By the way.....are you guys allergic to anything? ;) :mrgreen: just curious....giggles
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Re: making oils

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Not allergic to anything. Don't like the smell of Patchouli. The hippies from the valley douse themselves in it. Yes, we still have old hippies.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby patrah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 am

No allergies here either....
And I like most....
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Oh my goodness I did a naughty... I found a few clearances on ebay.... I really couldn't help it! My fingers acted before my brain did! So I now have coming to me from China or Malaysia? or somewhere like that a 36-3ml bottle set of 12 different scents (clearance), 15 roll on amber containers? and lets see what was that last one? 36 3? or 5ml? amber bottles to hold oil mixes all on SALE!

Now just need to get a carrier oil or 2 and a few of the other MAIN oils a lot of the recipes call for. I'm sooo excited! rubbing paws together dreaming of smells floating thru the air.....sighs....*coughs, coughs* I know I'm to old but I really really want to squeal! :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Elia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm

I cant use Avon stuff, it reeks havoc on me, other than that I'm good, I like Patchouli, Mmmmmm I might be a hippy, nope that was a little before my time, still Good Times!!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

You certainly sound happy M Marigold. I'm like that when I get new art supplies or charms or paper products... Sounds like you got a great deal. Do you feel like a mad scientist concocting your potions?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:33 pm

I DO! I really, really do~ I can picture adding a drop of this scent then a couple of drops of that one.. hahaha I even dream of making them in my sleep! I don't even do that with all my many other crafts that I obsess over..... I'm burning up the net looking to see if "Magnolia" is a top not fragrance or a mid note or maybe even a bottom note.. or what other fragrances would Snow Lotus mix well with (never even heard of the last one or smelt that first one!) :lol:

I know hubby might not be happy when he gets the credit card bill even though it was a TREMENDOUS sale! (but I still need a carrier oil and 3 to 5 essential oils that are in most of the recipes I have nicked only .99 cents a piece but still!) I'm having a hard time controlling my fingers...
:( :roll: :mrgreen:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:39 pm

What do you usually use as a carrier oil? Olive oil? If you do. you can add a capsule of Vit E. to it and it will preserve it.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:39 pm

I hadn't thought of the vitamin E but from what I have read and actually going and smelling myself the olive oil, canola oil have a bit much "smell" to them I cheated with the cedar, pine and orange oils I made I used a liquid Crisco oil that smelled but not as bad as the other cooking oils.. I figured that those 3 flavors were strong enough to overcome the carrier oil. They suggest grape seed (least odor) or jojoba? But it is more a wax type than a true oil but don't spoil like they others can..

Celeste the owner of Bayou Incense wrote the Llewellyn book I picked up (the complete oil formulae)
she uses (at least at the start in the book) almond oil..... I had hubby check at Aldi'd when he picked up our weekly groceries yesterday but they only carry either olive oil or canola oil. BUT I go to the neurologist the first week of Oct. and will maybe have him stop a wally world on way home and pick up even a small bottle of almond oil if they have it.. allllthoouggghhh I do have solid coconut oil? I wonder if I melted it if it might work...hmmm it would smell like coconuts but depending of the flavors I add it might turn out good? ugghghhhh :lol: might have to experiment! (I do have a HUGE bottle of Vit E capsules OHHHH... depending on recipe only takes 4 to 6 drops for car :mrgreen: rier base depending on...... ohhh got to go experiment!
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I used to be a massage therapist and I used Almond oil for my massage oil. it smells nice. I think I bought it at a health food store.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm going to put in a call to the health food store that we will go right by on way home or hubby can pick it up on his lunch hour its close enough to his work....either way it doesn't really take much the way these recipes are written out. might not be able to make huge batches right away to do my incense sticks in yet, but at least I can customize a smell and have the recipe all worked out ready for when I get the bigger amounts of the oils needed..... LOL I'm already day dreaming of names and trade marks :lol: ...

I know the "trademark" that Celeste uses is "Bayou Incense" with this frog on her labels... I can see it now a bunny or a rabbit hutch, and either "The Magical Hutch" or "Madame Marigold's Potent Perfumes" (Perfumery?) :lol: :mrgreen: :roll: Can you tell I've been sniffing the bottle of oils I already got? ROFLMBO
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Madame Marigold » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Well phooey! I was checking my bottles of cedar, pine and orange oils and they aren't going so hot! I know the orange hasn't been going long enough but even still the jars aren't going like planned? (I cleaned it out with boiling water!) still smells like the salsa that was originally in it not ORANGES! grrrrrr And the pine and cedar which should be strong enough and in the jar long enough smell HORRID! Like they spoiled somehow! AAGGGGHHHH! Dang-it! pouts... huffs oh well... well at least I can buy them maybe when my disability check comes in Oct. still should be done in time for Christmas at least....(Still ticks me off!) :lol: :oops:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby patrah » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 am

Sounds like the experimentation is going like most do....
Sometimes the best things come out of so called flops....
The saloon haircut in the late sixties with the asymmetric angles came about when one of Cidal Sasoon's stylists cut one side too short and was afraid to cut the other side that short...
So Vidal, walked in and said, " oh that is the latest thing in styles the"Sassoon cut"....
And the thing took off from there....
Ivory soap bar floats got real popular....
The reason it floats is because when somebody was making soap, they mistakenly emulsified it too much and it was so emulsified that the tiny bubbles did not show, but caused the bar to float unlike heavier soaps...
So keep it up, you will come up with the best you've done....
I just know it....
And they say if you sniff coffee between fragrances, you get the previous fragrance out of your sensory and can get the full effect of the previous one...
Keep it up,....
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Madame Marigold » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:19 pm

:lol: :D I know I know its just frustrating to lose 5 big bottles.. due to using inferior coking oil.. ughhh thinking of that smell makes me never want food cooked using that oil! :o :lol:

(thank goodness hubby does my breakfast on weekend with coconut oil) only problem using it is it m\smells strongly of coconut! hahahahahaa Don't worry ach of you guys will be getting the first gottles of the oils once I get the first ones done... (and I promise wont be a touch of spoiled pine oil anywhere near them!!) snickers
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:12 pm

I don't want any pine oil eggs!
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Madame Marigold » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:32 pm

snickers noooo I had used a liquid Crisco? oil cause it smelled lighter than the canola oil to do the big bottle of greenery cause I knew they would be to faded before I could get the good oil in.... no, I have coconut eggs! yum yummm~ :lol:
Madame Marigold
Free Spirit

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 am

I can picture the mad Witch brewing in her kitchen :lol: throw a "no worries" at the hubby just before the bill comes.

They do sound wonderful, ive never tried to make my own :? maybe I will look into that 8-) on second thought, I don't like cooking so id say that's why ive not tried. I know I'm awful!! A mad Witch would make an exception :oops: maybe ill get Mom to try :lol:
Elia

Return to The Crafty Witch