Creativity

All things arty crafty. Ideas and tips as well as advice. Post your makes for us all to see.

Creativity

Postby patrah » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:37 pm

I will be doing a complex working for someone.
My creativity is slow.
The working has got to take place soon.
I got an oil blend from a shoppe I frequent.
I am pretty sure their oils are mostly synthetic.
They smell good though and have worked for me.
A different person mixed the oil and it smells ok however I go by the scent to see if that one is for me at the time.
Of the oils I have from there and from me making, if it smells right I use it.
My olfactory is usually good.
I have a cold right now though.
When it was blended, it was just ok.
So all this to ask, is ther a certain group of herbs I can use for a little creativity booster?
Oh, and should I find the right herb(s), the idea is to make an ointment using coconut oil and another thicker oil.
Or just an oil or water.
for the forehead, ears and whatever I require to receive the creative umfph....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Re: Creativity

Postby Elia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Ginkgo biloba is one of the most well known herbs in use today and is one of the oldest surviving trees on earth. It has been used traditionally to improve concentration and memory. Ginkgo is one of the most prescribed herbs in Europe and recommended in treating dementia, memory loss, senility and promoting recovery from stroke. It is an antioxidant and cerebral tonic. Don’t take alongside blood thinning medicine.
2.Gotu kola (Hydrocotyle asiatica) is another herb that has high impact on brain functioning and is used in India as a brain tonic, referred to as “food for the brain” and is known to aid intelligence and memory. It balances the brain and helps all aspects of brain function. Gotu kola has been used to treat amnesia, dementia, fatigue and senility. It has a revitalizing effect on the brain cells and nerves.
3.Rosemary was used by ancient Greek scholars, who wore laurels of rosemary when taking examinations to improve memory. Rosemary stimulates the pineal gland and improves energy levels. Rosemary contains more than a dozen antioxidants.
4.Ashwaghandha (Withania somnifera) reduces the effects of overwork and is one of the best for promoting mental clarity and cognitive functioning. Ashwaghandha does wonders for nervous exhaustion and protects the brain against brain cell deterioration. It is an important protective herb.
5.Tulsi oxygenates the brain and improves circulation which improves feelings of well-being and mental cognition.
6.Brahmi (Bacopa monniera) is a herbal tonic and brain food therefore rejuvenating the brain and nervous system. Brahmi improves all aspects of mental functioning including the ability to learn new information, to retain what we learn and our ability to remember. Brahmi packs a double whammy of benefits because it supports our intelligence while reducing the effects of stress on the brain. In Ayurveda it’s is considered mind-enhancing and therefore used in meditation.

Essential oils are also an excellent way to treat mental fatigue and to boost your mental capacity these include lemon, lemon grass, lime, peppermint and rosemary.

I found this online ~ Elia
Elia
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:25 pm

I made a Talisman for creativity, but I will do a little research and see what I can come up with regarding Essential Oils.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Patrah, In case you did not see the Pin I sent you here is a recipe for Creativity Oil.
4 drops sandalwood Essential Oil.
8 drops Vanilla Ess Oil
20 drops Cinnamon Ess Oil
20 drops Bergamot Ess Oil
30 drops Sweet Orange Ess Oil
Mix in a glass bowl until combined. To boost your creative muse, for writing, painting or drawing.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Nice Madame O, I knew you would know!!
Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:38 pm

It sounds good, I wrote it out for my BOS as well. I always buy the good essential oils rather than the synthetic ones. They are very expensive, My favourite is Bergamot, good for luck.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Return to The Crafty Witch