[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
onestopwitchshop.com • View topic - Making a smudging bundle

Making a smudging bundle

All things arty crafty. Ideas and tips as well as advice. Post your makes for us all to see.

Making a smudging bundle

Postby patrah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm

The market has different than usual aromatics...
I am getting mint, cilantro and dill to make a smudge bundle....
Tha question is, has anyone ever used raffia to tie one?....
It is natural, and I am conserved about the rate of burn power and if it will stay with the bundle or burn ahead of the brindle while smudging....
Ordinarily I would just try it....
I have found that though a fire sign, I have a fear of fire....
Not a devastating one....
Just like a lot of control with it....
So, i know, embroidery thread and cotton twine work....
Raffia and jute are what I want to know about, as these I already have....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Re: Making a smudging bundle

Postby Ouroboros » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Sorry Babe, I have never made one. Why don't you try burning both and see which one is the slowest.
Good Luck, Mint, Cilantro and Dill would smell great, do you know what powers they have?
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Your Evilness Queen of Chaos

Postby patrah » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:02 pm

I know dill and mint a little...
Cilantro I do not....
Do you?...
Also they have fennel which they also say is Anaise....
I never knew that....
It has little/no fragrance though...
Which going by the flavor of fennel and Anaise, I would expect theat it should....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Cilantro - Protection of gardeners, brings peace to the home and helps on attune with their soul.

Did you know that Acorns are good luck, good for protection and personal power. A dried acorn is an excellent natural amulet for keeping a youthfull appearance.

A good source of information is here www.themagickalcat.com/articles.asp?ID=242 there is a herbal correspondance chart that is very handy.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:40 am

I think I heard something about acorns....
Lots of horse chestnuts and black walnuts around here where I am leaving.....
Lots of pine cones where I will be going at my neighbors house....
Just found out pine cones are for third eye awakening as well a other things.....
Cilantro is good to know....
Plan to do a garden by my friends house....
She had a stroke, but there is plenty of land.....
And she can watch the garden.....
Nephew told me I can use old dresser drawers to make sectioned raised garden beds.....
Wish he would be around for the garden....
He knows plants very well....
I will too...
Plan to work at a food network volunteering and learning....
There will be lots cooking tomorrow on....
Going in now ouroboros to check out the link you sent.....
going to turn in r
Early.....
Never ever thought I would be a rea totter who goes to bed early on the new year eve.....
B
B
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:04 pm

That is a great idea, to use drawers for raised beds. I must remember that.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby patrah » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Ouroboros, if you have an herb place in the true ' Book of Ouroboros' you could put that in for safe keeping.....
I would love to have an entry in that book....
Recalling, I only received something to put in my BoS from that book.....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Ouroboros » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:19 pm

When I do , I will say that the idea came from Patrah.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby SilverMoonTiger » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Bear in mind that it is not supposed to burn as in flames, but rather smolder and give off smoke like incense does. It also needs to burn slower than the herbs or the bundle will be in danger of falling apart. You could use semi green stems of the herbs you are using to tie the bundle. Find some of the most fibrous and use them.
SilverMoonTiger
Site Admin

Postby patrah » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:36 am

That's exactly what I'm concerned about, silvermokntiger....
I've done it now though.....
Kind of crude looking.....
The market had no mint....
I have dill and cilantro, and misplaced the jute so am using raffia....
Somehow I think raffia will burn too fast because it is very dry and hollow....
Jute seems like it will burn fast too, but maybe slower than raffia....
So I found the jute....
UI made two bundles though and they are drying....
I think I did that wrong too, because the two herbs are different textures and I side by sided them instead of blending them....
Well maybe tomorrow I will few rap them because they will still be rather moist.....
And I am tired.....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby patrah » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Ok the two bundles are dry...the raffia is too loose and the herbs are delicate....bound them together tightly with more raffia...
The raffia covers them....
Going to untie them and use for insence as crumbled....
While binding them the loose herbs began to fall out....
And with that plus the amount of raffia needed, it looks like fire to me.....
So am cutting the raffia off and crumbling into a container....
May add some dried rosemary and seal a jar tight....
Wait for the mint and whatever else and have loose I sense for a coal to burn that way...
Won't carry around to smudge though....
So that is it....
Pepper I got (pablano) is still drying and will be added to the mix, because the spirit said so.....
So, back to drawing board....
patrah
Dark Beauty

Postby Elia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Elia

Postby Ouroboros » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:41 am

I have a small fairy garden in a wheel barrow. I made a stone circle inbetween the small Rowan Trees that are growing there too. I want to grow the trees untill they can be made into wands. I still have a few years to go.
Love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Ouroboros

Postby Elia » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:29 pm

OMGz I bet that's beautiful, id like to find an old claw tub to put out back and make one, I wish I had the money before my circle grows grass on it, id brick it and have an inner circle with a different color brick, and make a stone Alter/ fire pit in the middle, maybe use marked stones for North, South, East, and West. I can picture it, Id add some stairs to the back of the deck, so you could go down to it, I'm a dreamer!!!

That's why id love to be in the country, with woods out back, a path to my sacred area, but I'm in town Image
Elia

Postby patrah » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:06 am

Woods and country sound wonderful....
Fairy gardens, are so cute....
I'd have a back yard not to have to share once I move....
And I have got a tiny balcony which at first I thought of just using for moon stuff....
It has to be removed though, so was thinking of making either a greenhouse off that kitchen, put a heater in it during winter....grow herbs in there....
I had a very tiny jade glass elephant and an even tinier resin Buddha, and gave them over to the healthfood and herb shop I use sometimes, as they have a couple of fairy gardens....
Haven't been by there to see lately if or where they used them....
Cannot go anyplace right now without a car to my disposal....
the universe decrees that a way be given me, and I anticipate it.....
I am so verily grateful that things are working so well for me, and for my friends and family.....
Life is wonderful coming up very soon for me......
patrah
Dark Beauty

Return to The Crafty Witch